Sponsored

S550 responding to mods

Blackbeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So I own a 2015 GT w/PP currently. I've also owned a 2004 GT and 2007 GT that were pretty heavily modded (both had complete exhaust,suspension, and engine bolt-ons, pretty much everything except except inductions and crazy internal mods). So my question is, the 2004 wasn't as heavily sensored, the 2007 a little bit more, but this current one seems like EVERYTHING runs through a comp. I know the German cars are always notorious for doing that and the slightest mod throws the whole car off (my friends e46 m3 once shut down while driving due to an intake swap and many more horror stories).
I haven't modded this car yet but how have you guys handled the electronic "overseer" that lurks in the car when making any sort of mods?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
1 - drive a manual, now you decide when and how hard to shift.

2 - don't make a lot of unneeded and ill considered mods.

3 - use a tuner/programmer to properly adjust for modifications.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Good tune pretty much covers most things unless you are doing something really crazy. Check out some of the different ones and go from there depending on what you plan to do. Can always have the tune updated, etc. With a decent tune you shouldn’t ever have any issues.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Get good tires and contact BMR or Steeda to keep the rear planted.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The good news is the S550 will respond much better mod for mod than your previous rides. The 3v cars required a tune for an intake swap too. It all started with that generation.

You can swap exhaust (not including headers or cats) without needing to do anything.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well, if you won it, good for you. Or, if you own it, that's great too.

I would highly suggest you consider suspension up-grades first. Here's my thread on Steeda suspension upgrades I did a few days ago, and there's an entire sub-section dedicated to suspension and brakes you can peruse.

PP brakes are pretty damn good, so really consider suspension mods, to get the car handling the way it should.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
^^^This x2.

Congrats on your prize!

As far as mods go, it's a great platform to begin with and it responds really well to mods unlike some other brands.

If your adding power, definitely have it tuned by a REPUTABLE tuner. I currently have a ford tune but having PBD
do a 91 and a e85 tune when I install a modded IM and injectors (along with OPG/CS).

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The way to do it is save up and do mods that require a tune all at once so you aren't constantly paying for tune revisions. If you are going to do a cold air intake, headers, injectors, and an intake manifold save up and do all 4 and get a tune once and done for them.

Anything after the cats in exhaust won't need a tune, and depending on who you talk to even headers don't "require" a tune.

Some tuners if you buy the mod from them they will include a tune update for free if you are already tuned by them.

I recommend doing some research on tuners and picking the one you like and letting them know your goals and asking them the easiest way to go about achieving it. They have done thousands of tunes and know what works best and what is a waste of time. Some of the top tuners in no special order are Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, AED, Li Tuning, and VMP.

Last edited:

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension is a must. Other than that a good tune, and of course some boost of your choice if you chose to go that route. I bought the car new back in April and have already added $20K plus in mods with only 10,000 miles. My opinion is they absolutely love mods, and I have noticed ever single mod I have added in one way or another. Usually other people notice as well, but I always love when another "car" person points out the little things I have done that the average driver would not notice.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This car responds really good to mods. And there is a plethora of cheap mods for this car.
Sponsored