Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Well,
I never thought I would be making one of these threads, but things like this are never expected.. You can't rely on other people.

Was on my way home on my normal route (2 lane road). Stopped to make a left turn on to a road that leads home... Traffic was clear, and then all of a sudden my mirror flys on to my windshield and i'm off the road. Somehow manage to open my door and get out, see the lovely 2016 transit van that nudged me off the road in front of me, and people running at me .. or so I thought at first.

Come to find out that the car behind me was hit, and another in the oncoming lane as well. One car lost a mirror, the other had a blown tire and damaged rim... then there's me:

Gg6sHl1.jpg

NvIGt5i.jpg

IeRVeYy.jpg

To top it off, not long after this picture it started pouring down rain.. couldn't get the door all the way closed so created quite a mess inside the vehicle (Lovely Florida weather). Thankfully I nor anyone else was injured and the damage could of been much worse. I believed the gentleman whom caused the accident wasn't paying attention, or was playing on his phone.. looked up saw vehicles stopped in front of him then decided to veer into oncoming traffic INSTEAD of off to his side and this was the result.

Not looking forward to what follows.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yikes at least you weren't hurry but what a mess.

Too bad Florida is a no fault state scares me when I drive because people don't care. Were you able to get any reports?

OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Yikes at least you weren't hurry but what a mess.

Too bad Florida is a no fault state scares me when I drive because people don't care. Were you able to get any reports?
Yes, thankfully.

The other 2 that were hit stayed behind as well. Even better - there's a small business across the street that heard what was going on, and actually got the entire thing on their security cameras.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well,
I never thought I would be making one of these threads, but things like this are never expected.. You can't rely on other people.

Was on my way home on my normal route (2 lane road). Stopped to make a left turn on to a road that leads home... Traffic was clear, and then all of a sudden my mirror flys on to my windshield and i'm off the road. Somehow manage to open my door and get out, see the lovely 2016 transit van that nudged me off the road in front of me, and people running at me .. or so I thought at first.

Come to find out that the car behind me was hit, and another in the oncoming lane as well. One car lost a mirror, the other had a blown tire and damaged rim... then there's me:

Gg6sHl1.jpg

NvIGt5i.jpg

IeRVeYy.jpg

To top it off, not long after this picture it started pouring down rain.. couldn't get the door all the way closed so created quite a mess inside the vehicle (Lovely Florida weather). Thankfully I nor anyone else was injured and the damage could of been much worse. I believed the gentleman whom caused the accident wasn't paying attention, or was playing on his phone.. looked up saw vehicles stopped in front of him then decided to veer into oncoming traffic INSTEAD of off to his side and this was the result.

Not looking forward to what follows.
Ugh…...sorry to see that mess. Happy to know no one was hurt. I hope your Stang has a speedy recovery!

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
find a good body shop. so sorry - it happens.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that man. Florida is no fault I’m sure because people SUCK SO BAD at driving, especially south Florida. Rules and common sense don’t apply and it pisses me off. I moved her from a place with a city population of 30,000.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that man. Florida is no fault I’m sure because people SUCK SO BAD at driving, especially south Florida. Rules and common sense don’t apply and it pisses me off. I moved her from a place with a city population of 30,000.
I second that!
Tho I drive daily in NYC my bro sends me dashcam pics & videos almost daily of the crazyness of SO FLA drivers. I try not to drive whenever I visit.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It doesn't look too bad. The rear quarter (which is the important part) isn't bad, and the door and front fender are easy replacements.

Yeah, hopefully not too bad.

Don't worry, my 2012 GT Brembo car was hit 8 times, and I'm still alive.

Last edited:

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
OMG, I feel your pain. I can imagine if that were my car how horrible I would feel. It looks like it will not be a total loss but definitely look into a diminished claim. Now you have to be without your car while it's repaired.

People do not pay attention to driving these days. Too many distractions- I see people weaving, tail gating, making turns from 2 lanes over cutting people off holding up traffic, driving 80 MPH in a 55 back road- every single day. With all of the creature comforts and options cars offer- Apple Car Play, etc. and their cell phones people are distracted- I see it all the time and hear about rear end accidents, etc., people are on their phones I drive so careful, do not tail gate, pay attention 100% of the time- no phone- it's in my pocket, I do not answer any calls or texts, don't use Blue tooth, etc. I just drive and enjoy driving. I pull over if I want to use my phone. And yes with all the bad drivers out there I do avoid accidents but worry one day that something like this will happen to me.

Hopefully you get it fixed and back soon. Your GT looks like mine- mine is white also. Where are you in Florida?

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
OMG, I feel your pain. I can imagine if that were my car how horrible I would feel. It looks like it will not be a total loss but definitely look into a diminished claim. Now you have to be without your car while it's repaired.

People do not pay attention to driving these days. Too many distractions- I see people weaving, tail gating, making turns from 2 lanes over cutting people off holding up traffic, driving 80 MPH in a 55 back road- every single day. With all of the creature comforts and options cars offer- Apple Car Play, etc. and their cell phones people are distracted- I see it all the time and hear about rear end accidents, etc., people are on their phones I drive so careful, do not tail gate, pay attention 100% of the time- no phone- it's in my pocket, I do not answer any calls or texts, don't use Blue tooth, etc. I just drive and enjoy driving. I pull over if I want to use my phone. And yes with all the bad drivers out there I do avoid accidents but worry one day that something like this will happen to me.

Hopefully you get it fixed and back soon. Your GT looks like mine- mine is white also. Where are you in Florida?
You'd be suprised. The S550 Mustang is very expensive to repair. I'm probably one of the first forum members to total a car...see my signature, and look at my profile for the pictures :frown: The all-aluminum front end does not work in your favor on repair costs. I had similar issues, because my wreck happened on a winter day in Oregon, and we couldn't get the driver's door closed again. The car smelled of mold by the time the insurance adjuster got around to it...(it happened near Christmas, so it wasn't until after New Year's when their adjuster finally took a look at the car!). The greater monetary value of the GT might lean the fix/total economic equation more towards "fix it..."

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The good news is even with "no fault" there is lability to the person at fault to pay for damages:

From http://www.insurancequotes.org:

Florida relies mostly on the no-fault system of insurance. Florida requires residents to carry $10,000 worth of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000 of Property Damage Liability (PDL). The PDL does, in fact, pay out for damages if a driver is at fault and causes damage to someone’s vehicle or property. The PIP is the no-fault part where each injured person makes a claim on their own PIP coverage to pay for medical bills.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
people SUCK SO BAD at driving, especially south Florida.
This x 1000! South Florida drivers (although you can't really call them that) are absolutely horrible! They LITERALLY cannot drive-- meaning they lack the skills to make the car go where it's supposed to go.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Well good thing you weren't hurt, but that does suck I always dread that day if it is out there for me. I think a lot of that can be fixed if the frame of the car is okay.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This x 1000! South Florida drivers (although you can't really call them that) are absolutely horrible! They LITERALLY cannot drive-- meaning they lack the skills to make the car go where it's supposed to go.
No joke. I’m in Broward and I hear it gets worse the further south you go... hahaha.

Moving here from SC, my rates went up $50/mo.
Sponsored