Modifying As-Built Data Guide

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
I was looking to mod my Digital dash to re-enable LINE LOCK (had it, its disappeared) and disable TPM warning light.

2015 GT w/ Perf pack.
Sponsored

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Oh wow .... I was expecting something akin to getting Remote Start working which was easy enough but BLIS - that's a lot of work. I think I'll just look over my shoulder 😃
Hi Steve, do you have link to instruction or values for activating Remote Start. Thanks in advance.

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve, do you have link to instruction or values for activating Remote Start. Thanks in advance.
There were two control modules in FORScan where I made the changes 0 the Body Control Module and the Instrument Panel Control module:

BdyCMIPC
Remote Start Enabled
Remote Start Duration 1 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 2 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 3 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 4 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 5 15 Minutes
Remote Starter Parking lights Enabled
Remote Start Enabled
Remote Start Climate Settings Enabled
Remote Start Driver Seat Enabled
Remote Start Passenger Seat Enabled
Remote Start Rear Defrost Enabled
Remote Start Steering Wheel Enabled

1640084653363.png

1640084671165.png

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
There were two control modules in FORScan where I made the changes 0 the Body Control Module and the Instrument Panel Control module:

BdyCMIPC
Remote Start Enabled
Remote Start Duration 1 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 2 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 3 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 4 15 Minutes
Remote Start Duration 5 15 Minutes
Remote Starter Parking lights Enabled
Remote Start Enabled
Remote Start Climate Settings Enabled
Remote Start Driver Seat Enabled
Remote Start Passenger Seat Enabled
Remote Start Rear Defrost Enabled
Remote Start Steering Wheel Enabled

1640084653363.png

1640084671165.png
Thanks Steve, appreciate that. Also do you have any link to buy the Remote Start module kit and installation instructions link please?

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Does anyone have a list for working APIM changes for the 2021 Mustangs?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Steve, appreciate that. Also do you have any link to buy the Remote Start module kit and installation instructions link please?
The sequence was to:
Replace the transceiver (antenna) module (under the parcel shelf in the back of the car. I got it from eBay)
Get two new keys (I got two from AliExpress - 868MHz to match the new transceiver)
Jingyuqin Remote Smart Car Key 434/868/902MHz ID49 For Ford Mondeo Mustang Fusion F 250 F 350 F 450 F 550 2017 M3N A2C93142600|Car Key| - AliExpress

Go to local Ford service centre to have the two new keys paired with the new transceiver
Use FORScan to enable features

Screenshot 2021-12-21 160758.jpg

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I actually went through two transceivers - one didn't work or more like I couldn't get it to work :blush: and the other one .. well se attached for the full spec on it.

Attachments

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
I actually went through two transceivers - one didn't work or more like I couldn't get it to work :blush: and the other one .. well se attached for the full spec on it.
Great, thanks. Did you buy the new transreceiver from Ford or any other online seller?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Damn sucks.
It does, indeed. :frown:
Apparently there's nothing to activate in the software, because the logic related to the remote start is entirely missing from the BCM of the manual cars. You'd have to physically replace the BCM with one from an automatic Mustang. But it wouldn't work, because that BCM would be completely incompatible with your transmission and would throw out an enormous amount of errors. You'd have to trick it into thinking you've got an automatic gearbox, which is no small feat. And even assuming that this were somehow possible, it would in turn trigger a plethora of other issues.
So no, for all practical purposes it's impossible.
There are aftermarket solutions, though. They're not as nice as an integrated OEM implementation, but still better than nothing, I guess.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
It does, indeed. :frown:
Apparently there's nothing to activate in the software, because the logic related to the remote start is entirely missing from the BCM of the manual cars. You'd have to physically replace the BCM with one from an automatic Mustang. But it wouldn't work, because that BCM would be completely incompatible with your transmission and would throw out an enormous amount of errors. You'd have to trick it into thinking you've got an automatic gearbox, which is no small feat. And even assuming that this were somehow possible, it would in turn trigger a plethora of other issues.
So no, for all practical purposes it's impossible.
There are aftermarket solutions, though. They're not as nice as an integrated OEM implementation, but still better than nothing, I guess.
Yeah i thought so.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
One that I found is Pandora security system. They claim the engine remote start feature on some of their products. I did not find however any info about whether it applies only to cars with an already preinstalled remote start unit (e.g. only Mustangs with an AT), or could be used also on cars with the manual. Does anybody know?
Sponsored