Modifying As-Built Data Guide

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Good afternoon, good evening or good night, as the case maybe, where you are.
I’m far from a FORScan expert but have had success with it in the past. In my 2016 SHO and 2018 Explorer Sport I’ve deleted the double horn honk, changed the half stock press to 4 flashes and activated simultaneous fogs and high beams. In the Explorer I added climate controls to the right hand screen. While it‘s always a little intimidating when you start doing it on a brand new vehicle I was confident that I was up to the task on my 2021 GT. The only spreadsheet I could find was for a 2020. I went into the steering control module through the “Configuration“ option and switched the flash count successfully, no problem.
However, the body control module was the only one without a “Configuration” option. No problem. I’ve gone this route as well before. Found the addresses for the fogs and honk. Made the changes and clicked the write button for each line. Progress bar indicated changes were being made, interior light flashed, cycled the ignition as directed and…..nothing. Neither change took. Returned them to stock values and searched the web. Nothing. Any ideas?

Nothing? Nobody? It’s July. Somebody has to have modified or attempted a 2021 body control module. If I‘m being dense, I’m good at that! And grateful at excepting corrections. I’m about ready to unplug the horns and carry a boat air horn!
Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow .... I was expecting something akin to getting Remote Start working which was easy enough but BLIS - that's a lot of work. I think I'll just look over my shoulder 😃

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Oh wow .... I was expecting something akin to getting Remote Start working which was easy enough but BLIS - that's a lot of work. I think I'll just look over my shoulder 😃
:giggle: :like: yes it was a bit of work but I enjoyed the challenge

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
just curious: will this mod affect the permission to drive the car ?
Here it is not allowed to do certain mods even if they would be an improvement like this. Consequence of a forbidden mod (like changes in a safety related part of the car) is that you are forbidden to conduct the vehicle. Should you do anyway and you get involved into a crash even if it is not your fault you can be made liable. examples are reflector colors, tail lights and mirrors.
A reason for the different mirrors in eu mustangs are that the original us version were ruled to be too small by local regulators. I would like to add the blind spot detection as well. I will try to find out if it is allowed here.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
just curious: will this mod affect the permission to drive the car ?
Here it is not allowed to do certain mods even if they would be an improvement like this. Consequence of a forbidden mod (like changes in a safety related part of the car) is that you are forbidden to conduct the vehicle. Should you do anyway and you get involved into a crash even if it is not your fault you can be made liable. examples are reflector colors, tail lights and mirrors.
A reason for the different mirrors in eu mustangs are that the original us version were ruled to be too small by local regulators. I would like to add the blind spot detection as well. I will try to find out if it is allowed here.
I'm not sure I bet its different for every country albeit we're all bound by EU rules. That's why we don't get a number of the US featured like DRLs in headlights but Ford do have the OEM mirrors for them

Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure I bet its different for every country albeit we're all bound by EU rules. That's why we don't get a number of the US featured like DRLs in headlights but Ford do have the OEM mirrors for them
EU rules 🙄 . . . We didn't get DRLs in the 2015 - 2017 headlights but then we did for the face lift model .. 2018 up

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Are you trying to add the gear show function? I think it's a toggleable option in the list menu for the IPC rather than the bare code I'll check on mine once I get the free license.
This would be awesome, I'm going to have to try! Thanks for sharing. If you do find that location let me know. Thanks! @Chappers

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Tried a bunch of things from the IPC drop downs. No luck, can you look at all of them and sort by enabled?

Thanks!

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Tried a bunch of things from the IPC drop downs. No luck, can you look at all of them and sort by enabled?

Thanks!
I've got a few corrections to do to my IPC after comparing with another IPC so when I go through it I'll let you know

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I've got a few corrections to do to my IPC after comparing with another IPC so when I go through it I'll let you know
Appreciate it, thanks. These are some of the ones I tried without success.

Screenshot_20210708-134753.png

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Adding factory 200A-up T/S assy's w/ Fog-Lights on a 2018 (& maybe 2019-20) 100A & 101A Ecoboost is plug & play, supposedly all Forscan is needed for is to get the Fog-Light indicator in the cluster to light up when they are on.

On my 2021 101A, the wire for the fog light is there at both T/S plugs and at the switch so I bought used lamp assy's & a new SW6985 switch and installed. But unlike 2018, they do not turn on at all.

Reading recent Forscan posts about 2021 cars in various threads, it sounds like changes can't be made at this time. If this really is the case, I'm glad I did not buy the Cable yet or try to get a Forscan subscription !!

I did buy some T/S M & FM plugs & terminals to mess around with making a Euro Spec T/S assy. work (plugs are same but pinned different), so I'll at least get my fogs operational the old school way with an external relay, fuse, and sense wire going to the dash switch. Having short M-FM wire harnesses will allow me to do this without cutting any wires at the T/S lights.

However I'd much rather have them work as they do on factory installed 200A-up cars, so I'll just have to wait and hope that this simple change can be made using Forscan someday.

Doug

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I took the car in today and had the latest Roush CAL (Engine management software) uploaded. The tech put on the work order "Reset VID block parameters to 710 REVS to adjust for tire size". My speedometer was reading 2 mph lower than GPS speed before and now it shows 6 mph lower than GPS speed. I definitely will need to correct that, as it is asking for a ticket........on the flip side, it will show the car the accumulating mileage slower...actually I don't care about that part.

I'm hoping that ForScan can correct it.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it, thanks. These are some of the ones I tried without success.

Screenshot_20210708-134753.png
well i had a play about with the settings again over the weekend and i cannot for the life of me get the gear menu to appear i dont know what i did to get it to activate last time i even copied a 2019 IPC onto mine and the menu still didnt appear!? but i definitely had it on previously. i'm really stupid for not creating a back up. i'll have to do more research to see if i can find it.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
well i had a play about with the settings again over the weekend and i cannot for the life of me get the gear menu to appear i dont know what i did to get it to activate last time i even copied a 2019 IPC onto mine and the menu still didnt appear!? but i definitely had it on previously. i'm really stupid for not creating a back up. i'll have to do more research to see if i can find it.
That sucks man, hope you can figure it out. However, from what I was told it seems like it may be a software issue as my cluster is from a 2018 and the feature was not added until 2019. So it may need a firmware flash, this may not be a simple fix. But, maybe, just maybe :)

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
That sucks man, hope you can figure it out. However, from what I was told it seems like it may be a software issue as my cluster is from a 2018 and the feature was not added until 2019. So it may need a firmware flash, this may not be a simple fix. But, maybe, just maybe :)
Yeah but I definitely had the menu option come up on my 2018 retrofit so it's frustrating as to why I can't figure out what it was, I'll keep playing and looking around. I tried a few more things a moment ago to no avail
Sponsored