Modifying As-Built Data Guide

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Good afternoon, good evening or good night, as the case maybe, where you are.
I’m far from a FORScan expert but have had success with it in the past. In my 2016 SHO and 2018 Explorer Sport I’ve deleted the double horn honk, changed the half stock press to 4 flashes and activated simultaneous fogs and high beams. In the Explorer I added climate controls to the right hand screen. While it‘s always a little intimidating when you start doing it on a brand new vehicle I was confident that I was up to the task on my 2021 GT. The only spreadsheet I could find was for a 2020. I went into the steering control module through the “Configuration“ option and switched the flash count successfully, no problem.
However, the body control module was the only one without a “Configuration” option. No problem. I’ve gone this route as well before. Found the addresses for the fogs and honk. Made the changes and clicked the write button for each line. Progress bar indicated changes were being made, interior light flashed, cycled the ignition as directed and…..nothing. Neither change took. Returned them to stock values and searched the web. Nothing. Any ideas?
Every Ford owner I’ve ever spoken with HATES the double honk! Ditching it should be in the screen menus.
Sponsored

vegetakid24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost
Is there an easy way to put the factory stock configuration for my IPC/SCCM as built data? I lost my file but I think the original as built is available for free on motor craft by VIN. I was hearing that forscan may have had an option to download the original as built within the program and write it to the respective area also without going line by line.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Fun fact:
If you make any As-Built changes and subsequenly have that module replaced at the dealership... Ford overwrites the original data with what is in your vehicle.

Make sure you keep a copy of the original As-Built data in a safe backup.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fun fact:
If you make any As-Built changes and subsequenly have that module replaced at the dealership... Ford overwrites the original data with what is in your vehicle.

Make sure you keep a copy of the original As-Built data in a safe backup.
I could understand a dealer saving the data in your car and restoring it after replacing a module. And I could understand a dealer just putting the Ford As Built back in wiping out an owner's changes. But why would Ford ever let a dealer change what Ford calls "As Built". Aside from doing that being in complete contradiction of "As Built", it would make it possible for a dealer or communication problem to corrupt Ford's "As Built" data.

JRV1631

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Explorer ST
Does anyone have a list of what will work on a 2021 GT?
So far, in the little bit that I’ve done, if the module has a “Configuration” option it works. The only one that didn’t have a configuration option was the body control module. And, unfortunately, that’s the one that controls the double honk, concurrent fogs and high beam, fog and turn signal.

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Wow, yeah... Powered Recaros huh? That's new to me. Mine are all manual. Cool, let me check it out and post out findings. Thanks again!

@WD Pro Edit, nope... No luck. Tested the first two chars, as the other values seem to be for other non related functions. (Lane Departure, outside air temp, hill assist) so, no clue at this point. Need to go back and read some more :)
Are you trying to add the gear show function? I think it's a toggleable option in the list menu for the IPC rather than the bare code I'll check on mine once I get the free license.

On another note not sure if it's been mentioned but seems perfect opportunity what controls rev matching is it the IPC? if so what's the code... I just crashed my pony at a track as I slipped off the clutch without blipping the throttle and it being wet... So I went through a post n wire fence lol woops but would like to have rev match activated if its controlled via the digital dash which I've retrofitted...

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Are you trying to add the gear show function? I think it's a toggleable option in the list menu for the IPC rather than the bare code I'll check on mine once I get the free license.

On another note not sure if it's been mentioned but seems perfect opportunity what controls rev matching is it the IPC? if so what's the code... I just crashed my pony at a track as I slipped off the clutch without blipping the throttle and it being wet... So I went through a post n wire fence lol woops but would like to have rev match activated if its controlled via the digital dash which I've retrofitted...
I've just checked my dash and I have activated the gear show but the gears don't show so I guess I'm missing some hardware which in turn would mean I'm missing the rev match hardware too :crying:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect the Rev match and gear indicator use sensors on the later D4 box - maybe someone who has seen one could confirm if there are any extra connectors when compared to the older boxes ?

I suspect this is also what works against the later D4 cars when messing around with the diff ratios ?

WD :like:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I suspect the Rev match and gear indicator use sensors on the later D4 box - maybe someone who has seen one could confirm if there are any extra connectors when compared to the older boxes ?

I suspect this is also what works against the later D4 cars when messing around with the diff ratios ?

Just had a quick play and you can activate rev matching from the preset menu :like:
Apologies for the crap photo, but it's called engine rev match in the list just double click on disable and click enable then write!

The bad news is that I can't select it as like I said earlier I don't have hardware... Not only that now I've had a play I lost the menu for the gear show :curse: doh! And I couldn't find how to turn it on, I'll try and have a play another day to figure that out.
IMG_20210706_193844.jpg

IMG_20210706_193808.jpg

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Yeah if someone knows what hardware is required. Hopefully if this is a couple of sensors you can add from a later model and tie into the Canbus then it should be possible but I suspect that the PCM has something to do with it and it would only be able to be activated through a tune...

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I could understand a dealer saving the data in your car and restoring it after replacing a module. And I could understand a dealer just putting the Ford As Built back in wiping out an owner's changes. But why would Ford ever let a dealer change what Ford calls "As Built". Aside from doing that being in complete contradiction of "As Built", it would make it possible for a dealer or communication problem to corrupt Ford's "As Built" data.
🤷‍♂️
All I know is after my APIM was replaced for the "camera not working in below freezing temp" TSB the AS-BUILT data at motorcraft now reflects the changes I've made. Not that I'd ever want to go back...

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)