Modifying As-Built Data Guide

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
I have not found a way to have the gear display on my auto, unless the stick is down in S mode and you tap paddle up or down. But when in regular D mode, regardless of the drive mode with the toggle, it only displays briefly when you use the paddle and then goes away.

Would be great to just put it in D and see the gear the trans is in all the time. Not sure it's possible or just hasn't been discovered.
Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have not found a way to have the gear display on my auto, unless the stick is down in S mode and you tap paddle up or down. But when in regular D mode, regardless of the drive mode with the toggle, it only displays briefly when you use the paddle and then goes away.

Would be great to just put it in D and see the gear the trans is in all the time. Not sure it's possible or just hasn't been discovered.
That's odd - mine is an Auto and it shows the gear numbers in Normal mode as well

NormalMode.jpg

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
My apologies. I have the non-digital dash. Down where your PRNDS is, mine is too, however the gear shows right next to that PRNDS only in when the drive selector is down to S and you pull a paddle shifter up or down, then it shows what gear you are locked in because it's basically manual mode.

I want the gear display to stay there all the time even in D.

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, boost. So, this means there is a code that keeps it on. Just have to figure out which one!!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

You have a 2018? On my 2021 it shows all the time.

Sponsored

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
2019 here. This is what it is like unless I go into s. I want it on when just in drive.

16204177979003593849689199903803.jpg

16204178507936518334889885222987.jpg

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
lol, my truck has the expensive dash and meh. What Mustangs come with that dash? I have a GT premium vert and it seems to be a bit bare for a premium

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Can someone esee tell me where I can find the information to input here. Thanks.
20210508_141137.jpg

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just finished my Sync 3 swap and I'm trying to fix my low volume issue, get the hazard light switch to function properly and enable drive modes. I couldn't get the drive modes to work right so I set it all back to factory using the as-built data file I downloaded. Now none of the buttons on my bezel work at all except the power button. Can't change the volume, A/C settings, traction control, nothing. The touch screen itself functions normally as do the steering wheel controls. Any idea what went wrong?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there any setting that would silence the IPC speaker for good? I managed to get rid of seatbelt chimes and open door chimes, I unchecked the "information chimes" option in the menu, but there are still times when it chimes (e.g. when the low fuel warning is displayed).
I'd like the IPC never to make any sound whatsoever, no matter what. I'd like any kind of information/warning/error/whatever coming from the IPC to be exclusively visual.
Is this possible?

fMErunnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any setting that would silence the IPC speaker for good? I managed to get rid of seatbelt chimes and open door chimes, I unchecked the "information chimes" option in the menu, but there are still times when it chimes (e.g. when the low fuel warning is displayed).
I'd like the IPC never to make any sound whatsoever, no matter what. I'd like any kind of information/warning/error/whatever coming from the IPC to be exclusively visual.
Is this possible?
Unplug it?

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
In the workshop manual section 413-01 I found the following note:
The warning chimes are sounded through the audio system speakers and the IPC. The turn signal on
(tick-tock) is the only individual chime that the IPC is responsible for sounding. The parking aid and
Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®)/Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) warning chimes are sounded
through the rear speakers. All other warning chimes are sounded through the front audio system
speakers.

The IPC also acts as a backup. In the event of an audio system chime failure, the IPC sounds all chimes
that are required.
The section continues for 400 more pages (of which about 250 are pinpoint tests and diagnostic tables) including detailed description and diagrams for all kinds of messages, hardwired signals that are transmitted via the gateway module to the ipc. Chimes are specifically mentioned in a subsection.

The following diagram is used to see which kind of chimes do exist and how they are emitted.

1621340462842.png

1621340822648.png

Did you check the IPC / ACM and DSP in Forscan already ? I could have a look.
Ideally the chimes can be controlled selectively. It might not be a good idea to disable this warning chime:
For example, when the BCM detects a low brake fluid condition, the
BCM sends the IPC a request through the GWM to illuminate the brake warning indicator and a request to display
the LOW BRAKE FLUID message in the message center. This allows the message center to be a more informative
supplement to the IPC gauges and indicators.
Personally I would like to disable the DTE since the number is very inaccurate from -24% to +35%.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. So it's much more complex than I thought.
I didn't know all of the sounds except the turn signal tick came from the speakers. I thought parking sensor beeps were the only ones that came from the speakers, and everything else from the IPC.
It's really interesting to see how complex the whole system is, and how intricately all these modules are linked to each other.
Sponsored