Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Dang.
This has got to be the exact same little screen we all have.
Why would a digital speedo not be available on '15s to '17s??

My wife's '11 Equinox with the little Atari grade monochrome display had a digital speedo!!
Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Has anyone figured out which Sync 3 APIM line controls the climate ā€˜Fan Speedā€™ display (see pic) when you use the fan speed hard buttons ? This shows on my Mustang and Iā€™d like to modify my Expedition to have it display as well. Thanks.
3F524BDA-19FC-4FAD-AD5D-34913E5C5CC2.jpeg

Last edited:

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

I am looking for the link to the spreed sheet with all of the known as built codes.

Just way to many pages to find it.

Can we put it at the First post so it can be found?

Thanks
Jack

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi,

I am looking for the link to the spreed sheet with all of the known as built codes.

Just way to many pages to find it.

Can we put it at the First post so it can be found?

Thanks
Jack
There are several sheets, only one being actively maintained.

[MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION] has a thread dedicated to that.

Sponsored

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
I was talking to a guy yesterday who wanted to know if it was possible to enable/disable to the so-called "smart-charging" feature on 2015-2017 mustangs. He was claiming the current battery is too "small" to support the addition of power hungry audio systems (god knows if this makes sense) and wanted to be able to turn it off. ANyone have any clues here??

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was talking to a guy yesterday who wanted to know if it was possible to enable/disable to the so-called "smart-charging" feature on 2015-2017 mustangs. He was claiming the current battery is too "small" to support the addition of power hungry audio systems (god knows if this makes sense) and wanted to be able to turn it off. ANyone have any clues here??
I have zero issues and push 1400W stereo, two fuel pumps, and two air compressors all at the same time.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
you need new friends.

Sponsored

Bryan767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PPP
Has anyone tried submitting ideas through the ford site (specifically adding the speed readout) Maybe if enough of us do it they will hear us.
Otherwise excellent work!

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
726-04-01 xxx2 xxxx xxxx - battery management enabled
726-04-01 xxx0 xxxx xxxx - battery management disabled

Disabling this makes the alternator run at 100% all the time, thus more charging power to the battery at a possible loss of fuel efficiency.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
726-04-01 xxx2 xxxx xxxx - battery management enabled
726-04-01 xxx0 xxxx xxxx - battery management disabled

Disabling this makes the alternator run at 100% all the time, thus more charging power to the battery at a possible loss of fuel efficiency.
I agree but he was making it sound as if it disabled power in some way. The computer senses load and does its thing be ensuring whatever demand is placed on the system it is satisfied up until the alternators capacity.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That's not exactly what's going on... you never want your alternator to run "100% all of the time" as you would boil your battery.

All automotive alternators have a regulator to throttle current in the field coils. Ford just chooses to use an external regulator. In the past, both internal and external regulators simply sensed the voltage across the battery terminals and current was limited by a MOSFET circuit in an analog fashion.

Now it can be done logically by simply turning off the current to the field coil until the battery is drained enough to make charging efficient. This means you're not slowly trickle charging all of the time, but the alternator is actually just idling for periods of time before it begins charging again.

Even with "power hungry audio systems" you're fighting the same battle... can the alternator keep up? You can quadruple the size of the battery, but all you do is buy some discharge time.
Sponsored