breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It has a switch but when I switch it the other way it gives me an error message when I try to connect
So delete your profile and then connect to it with the switch flipped the normal way. When it asks if you have a switch hit yes. Then only flip the switch when it asks you to.

Yes OBDLink MX is best though. I used one with a switch since about 2012 with no issues though. Got an MX this year.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Redline 720-04-02 XXXX **XX 0X = 6500 RPM 12 to 17 = 7400 RPM These seem to be the only two options. I do not know what else this sets.

After looking at the 18 redline not sure how this would translate to the 15-17. Instead of 0X it is 00 for 6500 so not sure if you can set it to 7400 rpm for mycolor on 15-17 cars.
Is that quote from me? Haha.

It will only work on the 18 digital cluster. 15-17 will always have the 6500rpm+ red.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
So delete your profile and then connect to it with the switch flipped the normal way. When it asks if you have a switch hit yes. Then only flip the switch when it asks you to.

Yes OBDLink MX is best though. I used one with a switch since about 2012 with no issues though. Got an MX this year.
Ill try and report back, thanks

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Video Demo here, you'll have to excuse the apparent flickering just the gopro picking up on the refresh rate of the LEDs but to the human eye it fades in and fades out.

just realised i've got my left and rights the wrong way round hahahaha :lol::lol::lol:

Heh, saw your vid and commented before seeing this here.

Forscan won't let me change this on my 18 US EB Premium.

Edit: tried again and this time it worked. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I can confirm this works :thumbsup:

Using Forscan to enable cornering light with turn signal and at low speeds with just the steering wheel

BCM 726-26-01 change to xxxx x1xx xxxx
[MENTION=32102]lostlocalhost[/MENTION] , can you verify this worked on your US-spec car? If so, I’ll add it to our FORSCAN spreadsheet. Thanks.

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32102]lostlocalhost[/MENTION] , can you verify this worked on your US-spec car? If so, I’ll add it to our FORSCAN spreadsheet. Thanks.
yes sir - works on US 18MY.
Also, initially I didn't read close enough or watch enough of the demo vid - but just to reiterate, this will turn on the fogs not only when turning, but also when turning on your turn signal.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
yes sir - works on US 18MY.
Also, initially I didn't read close enough or watch enough of the demo vid - but just to reiterate, this will turn on the fogs not only when turning, but also when turning on your turn signal.
Thanks for verifying...now need to verify on 17 and older US-spec Stangs.

One more question...did it matter what position your headlight switch was (auto/on/off/etc.)?

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for verifying...now need to verify on 17 and older US-spec Stangs.

One more question...did it matter what position your headlight switch was (auto/on/off/etc.)?

On auto, they will only work when the lights are on - in other words, not when drl are on.
Or manually turn on your lights and it works.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Okay so lost in the hubub about the 2018 12" all-digital cluster is the fact that the REGULAR clusters on the 2018's all have a digital speedo (like the GT350) now.

I believe this should mean that we could possibly flash the 2018 IPC firmware to a 2015-2017 cluster, flip some bits in the as-built and have a fully functional IPC with speedo.

A few guys have already flashed the GT350 firmware to their regular IPC to get the digital speedo, but that has a ton of drawbacks. I would think the 2018+ IPC firmware would work without issue.
2018-digital-speedo.jpg

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so lost in the hubub about the 2018 12" all-digital cluster is the fact that the REGULAR clusters on the 2018's all have a digital speedo (like the GT350) now.

I believe this should mean that we could possibly flash the 2018 IPC firmware to a 2015-2017 cluster, flip some bits in the as-built and have a fully functional IPC with speedo.

A few guys have already flashed the GT350 firmware to their regular IPC to get the digital speedo, but that has a ton of drawbacks. I would think the 2018+ IPC firmware would work without issue.
Is Forscan capable of flashing firmware or do you need IDS to do it?

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
I have an interesting request...
On the 2018 digital cluster, it displays differently depending on what driving mode you're in: normal (including sport and wet/snow), Sport+, and Track/Drag.

My first question:
In the normal mode it always displays the song title on the top of the dash. In sport or track modes, it does not.
Is there a way to turn on the displaying of the music title while on the sport and track modes?

That leads me to the bigger question:
What on the digital cluster can be altered?

My assumption is that it can't be done - at least not with forscan.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550

Already tried that but the hardware is different between the 15-17 to 18...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2175285&postcount=2321
Sponsored