Modifying As-Built Data Guide

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Ive tried the switch in both positions. When in MS, it wont even communicate and tells me I need to have the switch in the HS position. When I switch it to HS, it communicates just fine, just wont pull up the SCCM module. Heading out to car now for more testing...Thanks for helping.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ive tried the switch in both positions. When in MS, it wont even communicate and tells me I need to have the switch in the HS position. When I switch it to HS, it communicates just fine, just wont pull up the SCCM module. Heading out to car now for more testing...Thanks for helping.
Either you have a bad ELM or Forscan is just being stupid. Try installing a version of Forscan from June of 2020. All older versions are available to download from their site. I believe that is the version I am using. I don't upgrade Forscan ever. Because newer versions sometimes break things.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks for responding. I had an older version of Forscan installed as per the Amazon sellers instructions, just 15 min ago I updated Forscan with the newest version. Still exactly the same. Forscan only showing 5 modules and will not show the SCCM module. Have tried all kinds of setup changes, nothing that I do will show that SCCM module. I am going to return the elm327 and reconsider which to buy. Thanks for your help. I even searched the Forscan forum this am, and there were a few others who had the exact same problem as me, the elm327 not recognizing the sccm module. its not the toggle switch as many have thought, it wont even communicate in the MS mode, it has to be in HS. Thanks again.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
For what it is worth, I have the ELM327 and the SCCM is showing up towards the bottom of the pic. The Forscan is version 2.4.2 beta. As you and others have said, sounds like you got a defective one.

1614112069226.png

1614112255484.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Wow, I only have 5 modules detected, look how many more you have. I've already started the Amazon return process. Thanks to all of you for trying to help!

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
oh, and I did download an older version of Forscan, from early on of 2020, that made no difference.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
oh, and I did download an older version of Forscan, from early on of 2020, that made no difference.
@jimmerheck Are you looking at only the INFO button? You need to click on the CHIP button for all the modules. The one between the wrench and the gear.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for responding. Definitely was using the chip button, and throughout my testing, which was probably at least a hundred different combos, it only read 5 modules, and never the SCCM module. Without trying to list all combos, tried older FS software, new FS software, downloaded the new driver for the dongle, updated software for the dongle, was in compatability mode, ran as administrator, tried toggle switch in both positions, had toggle in HS then after reading, switched it to MS, ran settings in auto, ms/hs setting, unclicked demo mode, tried unclicking debug mode, changed connection type from auto to com, my license is good for 2m, modules had zero DTC's, (and SCCM module not shown here either, or on test button) blah blah. Old dongle is being returned, new one coming next week. Will test then. Like I found on some F150 and Focus forums, some other members had the EXACT same problem as me, they could see some modules, not all, and could not see the SCCM module, just like me, and others on those forums said they bought a different dongle and it immediately solved their problem. We'll see next week. Thanks for helping! Also I contacted the Amazon seller and they told me to ensure I had downloaded the latest FS software, which I had done. Amazon seller will unfortunately probably just sell it to the next buyer. Looking at racingandfishings screen shot, he has found WAY more modules than me, like I said, and my pic earlier in this thread, I only have 5 modules shown. Thanks again.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well at least you tried. Tried a lot! Hopefully the new one will work. :like:

Sponsored

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
I have a 15 stage 1 roush ecoboost car and it did not come with the roush cluster. i found a used one awhile back and now putting it in. ive got it installed and have a few things that need to be worked out, i believe it to be a GT based cluster and i know there are things in the gt that were not in the eco clusters stock. i dont see anything on the spreadsheet on the first post that address what im trying to do.

1- changing the odometer, its showing less than what i have. i know you can increase but not decrease mileage and thats what i need to do.
2-line lock, it shows up in the display but its greyed out and non selectable. is it possible to turn this on or is it a hardware thing that needs to be added in order to use it
3- park aid. splash comes up on startup. never seen this or heard of it. how do i disable it

these are just a couple things ive found so far

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 15 stage 1 roush ecoboost car and it did not come with the roush cluster. i found a used one awhile back and now putting it in. ive got it installed and have a few things that need to be worked out, i believe it to be a GT based cluster and i know there are things in the gt that were not in the eco clusters stock. i dont see anything on the spreadsheet on the first post that address what im trying to do.

1- changing the odometer, its showing less than what i have. i know you can increase but not decrease mileage and thats what i need to do.
2-line lock, it shows up in the display but its greyed out and non selectable. is it possible to turn this on or is it a hardware thing that needs to be added in order to use it
3- park aid. splash comes up on startup. never seen this or heard of it. how do i disable it

these are just a couple things ive found so far
nah. I had linelock enabled on my 17 ecoboost, I installed gt abs firmware and then enabled the same linelock stuff on dash. All worked just fine

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

1- See pic of forscan in my post 3111 in this thread. Towards the bottom you will see IPC Odometer Write

2- Freepenguin or there is a whole thread on the topic:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/line-lock-enabled-on-non-gt.96154/

3- See this post https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diy-mycolor-center-cluster-install.101037/#post-2200805

I also had to change the high beam indicator as it wasn't working. Had to make this change:
720-09-01 and change to XXXX-0XXX-XXXX. It is on the 2018 spreadsheet.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Got my new config/scanner. Was able to change my turn signal flashes today from 3 to 5. I originally had a bad config/scanner. Sheesh, today, it took me longer to hook up my battery charger than it did to make the change. I prob made the change in 3 minutes. Thanks to all who helped me along the way. By the way, my original POS config/scanner only read 5 modules, today, my new unit read, (I didnt count) probably 15 different modules. Here is the good unit I bought from Amazon...

1614539987656.png
Sponsored