Modifying As-Built Data Guide

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i just bought the obdlink mx adapter rec'd from forscan because i only had the LX version. but i am only still seeing things listed under HSCAN (below)? ive already changed a couple things in forscan with headlight options but the HSCAN2/3 and MSCAN dont show up under my modules. i am trying to turn off fake ecoboost noise.
-pcm
-obd3
-apim
-icm
-pam
-bdycm
-becmb

edit:nvm i just deleted the profile that was previously used for my car and the rest of the modules showed up
Sponsored

Last edited:

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Posting here because I'm not sure what to try next.

Attempting to use ForScan while vehicle has a Lund Tune. And am getting the communications error because it cannot communicate with the locked PCM. Tried the motorcraft website As-Built Data section in an attempt to get my PCM/Strategy code but that area of the page is blank. Entered a friends VIN with almost the same car (18 GT 401a Manual) and that section is blank for his as well, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. Using the Ngauge, I used the HW# and a Calibration# to no avail. All were rejected in Forscan. What can I try to get communications with my car?
Also, the Ngauge is saying 'Wrong Tune' when I attempt to flash back to stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Posting here because I'm not sure what to try next.

Attempting to use ForScan while vehicle has a Lund Tune. And am getting the communications error because it cannot communicate with the locked PCM. Tried the motorcraft website As-Built Data section in an attempt to get my PCM/Strategy code but that area of the page is blank. Entered a friends VIN with almost the same car (18 GT 401a Manual) and that section is blank for his as well, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot. Using the Ngauge, I used the HW# and a Calibration# to no avail. All were rejected in Forscan. What can I try to get communications with my car?
Also, the Ngauge is saying 'Wrong Tune' when I attempt to flash back to stock.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If anyone else has this issue, I went into the XML of my As built data and found 3 pcm part number looking numbers. The first two were already listed in my Ngauge and were HW# and Calibration #. There was a third, I tried that on a whim, and it worked.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Looking to replace my rear camera and one of the steps is to use scan tool to go to electrical>service functions>LIN new module initialization. Seeing as the time we're in, trying to avoid the dealership. Is this something I could accomplish with Forscan?

Second, what are my options for the scanner itself - amazon is slow these days for stuff like this so I'll have to buy it from somewhere else. Are there any good USB options?

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Not sure if someone confirmed this or not in this thread, but does anyone know if a 2018+ Ecoboost with 101A would be able to get mycolor without making any changes to the instrument cluster or lighting module in the trunk? I tried to see about changing it in Forscan but kept getting an incompatible error message, so I'm just wondering if anyone else was able to get it to work somehow.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Couple questions

I have a Lund tune. Is it mandatory to load the stock tune before making Forscan changes?

Any way to put the figurar commanded on the centre screen and the speed on the center screen? Thanks for the help!

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Couple questions

I have a Lund tune. Is it mandatory to load the stock tune before making Forscan changes?

Any way to put the figurar commanded on the centre screen and the speed on the center screen? Thanks for the help!

No not necessarily you just need the PCM# when asked when connected to Forscan.

Zambonicassoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
So I found a premium gauge cluster for sale, however the cluster is metric and it's for an automatic, so I want to check a few things before I consider it. Does the metric gauge cluster have the ability to switch to Miles already in it's programming like the US one does for Km? Also, is there a way to turn off the lamp for the gear selector using Forscan since I won't be needing it?

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Several 18+ Mustangs with digital clusters currently don't have the "magneride" indicator displayed when cycling thru drive modes. This issue is discussed on the thread below toward the bottom of the first page:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/magneride-how-to-tell.134258/

To enable "magneride" indicator on the digital IPC (for those 2018+ with mangneride) change the following hex at this address:

720-06-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX

Change * to E.

For my particular car, the line looks like:

720-06-01 7EEF E67B 3834

I sent this to breeves to add to the S550 ABD spreadsheet. Thanks!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey gang, finally bumped into this FORScan thread. I traded a 2018 F-150 Platinum for a 2019 Bullitt, so I'm already familiar with FORScan, but I'm having issues even before attempting any changes. Here they are, in case somebody can help me :D :
1. Went to the 'as built' Motorcraft site, and there're a ton of options, and couldn't find 'as built' anywhere. But even worse, is they require log-in credentials, and don't have any. Will I have to save every single module before making changes, like I had to do with my truck? Hope not, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
2. Are Fusions the same as Mustangs? Several of the typical changes I made, and will make on this car, are different than the F-150. I found TWO different spreadsheets, but followed the one posted on post #11. Is that the current one, and does that one apply to Mustangs? The other one was linked to a Fusion site. By the way, on the F-150 forum, the updated spreadsheet was on post #1, so hard to miss. It'd be great if it could be relocated there :D. Just want to make sure I got the correct one for my 2019 Bullitt.
3. The #1 mod I want to make is to disable the fake engine sound on my car (Bullitts have no sound tube), like I did with my truck. But the spreadsheet has the same code as my F-150, and I remember seeing a different one over the S550 forum, but couldn't find it. Does anybody know if 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx is indeed correct? If not, please post the correct one. I'd greatly appreciate it.
4. Another mod I wanted to do is to add numbers to the coolant temperature, transmission temperature, etc. It was 720-07-01 xxxx xx5x xxxx, But I have the digital dash. Does anybody know if that would work? Thx.
5. Another mod I want to do is the 'quick boot' option, which disables the Ford animation. It was 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx, but that code is not even listed under the IPC module. And there were instructions to only enable several animations, but not how to disable them. Hopefully it can be done, since I was used to the truck, which booted right away. It seems to take forever on the Bullitt.
6. Finally, also want 2 presses on the fob for panic alarm, to avoid false ones. But it wasn't listed on the spreadsheet. It should be the same as the F-150, no? It's BCM 726-37-01 xxxx xxx1 xxxx. Please let me know. That's it for now. Thank you.
JC

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This may be a dumb question but does the engine have to be running to edit the as built data values? I did this successfully last year but I was outside with the car running. This year I tried to do my Forscan changes in the garage. Pushed the start button but did not start the car and was unsuccessful at opening the modules data values.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No, starting the engine makes no difference. Most folks do it with just the ignition (with a battery charged hooked up), including myself. I'm going to attempt to do it again when I get answers to my questions, since I want to make sure the Fusion figures are the same for the Mustang. They're not the same as my departed F-150, for at least half of them. Remember to save every module before doing ANY changes, especially if you don't have access to that Motorcraft site (I don't). Plus it's probably better to save exactly what's on your vehicle, in case it differs from what Ford lists anyway. Good luck.

Hey, I might go thru the same thing, since I had to replace my old computer, and the new one has Windows 10, which can be problematic with FORScan. We'll see.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No, starting the engine makes no difference. Most folks do it with just the ignition (with a battery charged hooked up), including myself. I'm going to attempt to do it again when I get answers to my questions, since I want to make sure the Fusion figures are the same for the Mustang. They're not the same as my departed F-150, for at least half of them. Remember to save every module before doing ANY changes, especially if you don't have access to that Motorcraft site (I don't). Plus it's probably better to save exactly what's on your vehicle, in case it differs from what Ford lists anyway. Good luck.

Hey, I might go thru the same thing, since I had to replace my old computer, and the new one has Windows 10, which can be problematic with FORScan. We'll see.
Ok. Thanks for confirming. What's odd is I am using the same ELM adapter, laptop, and version of Forscan that I did last year to make a few tweaks. But now unable to do any programming. When I click on Run Service Procedure (the play icon) I get this error in Forscan: "Service procedure has been interrupted". Tried many times and gave up. The only thing I did different last year, was have the car running. :computerrage:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual