Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Honestly Bluethooth, hardware wise nothing has really changed, unless if the newer model mustangs have had a change, at which point we would have to change to a different unit. So as of now the info is still accurate, if anything hardware has changed this please PM me and I will add the needed links.

So this one is still a good unit to buy?
https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBD...dapter&qid=1575595581&sprefix=forscan&sr=8-15

Will this one work?
https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfi...adapter&qid=1575595662&sprefix=forscan&sr=8-3

I guess what I’m trying to get at or ask is, what’s the difference between the (many) adapters found on eBay and Amazon that state they work with Forscan?

Is there any to definitely stay away from?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
So this one is still a good unit to buy?
https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-OBD...dapter&qid=1575595581&sprefix=forscan&sr=8-15

Will this one work?
https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfi...adapter&qid=1575595662&sprefix=forscan&sr=8-3

I guess what I’m trying to get at or ask is, what’s the difference between the (many) adapters found on eBay and Amazon that state they work with Forscan?

Is there any to definitely stay away from?

Thats exactly the same one I have and have been using on my 2016, hopefully it will work just as well with the gt500 in the spring when I get it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Is it possible to do on base model? Got rear bumper cover with sensors from premium model but can't find PAM module in ForScan and can't find address 7D0-04-02 in APIM...
Yes you can I put sensors on my premium which didn't come with sensors you need the wiring harness that connects to the sensors as well and I forgot what you got to change in forscan but you could do it

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Is it possible to do on base model? Got rear bumper cover with sensors from premium model but can't find PAM module in ForScan and can't find address 7D0-04-02 in APIM...
Yes, this is possible on a base model. I have a base model myself.

Once you enable the park aid feature in the BCM, the PAM will become available. And yes, the base APIM will probably not support this, but it would work anyway.

It is possible that the wiring in the car is already there, but you definitely need a new bumper wiring harness.

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
KĂ©vin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Do you know if it's possible the disable the park aid feature in PAM module ? I want to keep it enable in IPC and everything but disable per default, and switch it on via menu when needed.

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure if this has been shared yet, found in another forum.
4580cd5f-a63f-4b26-b2f4-a08b89872c77-original-jpg.jpg

GT500 (Mustang EVO) Splash Startup and Shutdown:

7D0-02-01= xxxx 10xx xxxx
7D0-03-01= xxxx x0xx xxxx

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
I'll try these splash screens on my 2017 GT with Sync3 Version 3.0. Want to replace the GT splash screens that were eliminated with the Version 3.0 update.

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
It seems that this splash screen is available in Sync3 Version 3.3, not 3.0.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hardware question for Forscan users:

Will one of the newer Samsung Chromebooks be sufficient to use for Forscan updates in conjunction with the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner?

The reason I ask is I’m an Apple products consumer. I don’t have any current “PC” platform to use as a transferring agent for As Built changes or tinkering. I just have Apple mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) on most current iOS (ver 13) and my MacBook Pro that is running on most recent version of Catalina OS....

So I was looking for an inexpensive “throw around” PC platform that is small for portability and also on the most current MS Win OS system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Will one of the newer Samsung Chromebooks be sufficient to use for Forscan updates in conjunction with the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner?

I was looking for an inexpensive “throw around” PC platform that is small for portability and also on the most current MS Win OS system.
FWIW Chromebooks don't run Windows. They run an OS created by Google.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
You can find cheap, used, Notebook PCs on Ebay that will do what you need with Windows 7.

ducobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 1966, Golf 1 cab, Renault 4 CV, soon a S550 convertible
Hardware question for Forscan users:

The reason I ask is I’m an Apple products consumer. I don’t have any current “PC” platform to use as a transferring agent for As Built changes or tinkering. I just have Apple mobile devices (iPhone and iPad) on most current iOS (ver 13) and my MacBook Pro that is running on most recent version of Catalina OS....

So I was looking for an inexpensive “throw around” PC platform that is small for portability and also on the most current MS Win OS system.

Thanks for any suggestions.
I'm using my MacBook Pro with a windows 10 session using Parallels.

Works perfectly fine. My bluetooth dongle is connected. I can change any code.
Sponsored