Missing Engine Oil Temp Gauge on 2019

GN34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I haven't been able to find two instrument panel gauges/features on my 2019 Mustang GT that I had on my 2015 Mustang GT.
One is Engine Oil Temp and the other is Fuel History.

The manual mentions both and the Mustang website even show an image of the Engine Oil Temp gauge in the LCD Cluster.

Were these gauges removed for the 2019 production?

I understand the Engine Oil Temp is a derived measurement, but I used as an indicator as to when the engine was up operating temperature.

Thanks
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Could it be that you have to enable the pages in the IP setup? There are some pages in the Camaro that have to be selected and enabled or they don't show. In my car I had to select the 0-60 timer and the 1/4 mile timer. Every time the battery is disconnected the pages have to be re-selected. Not sure Ford does the same thing or not, but since they both get their IPs from Tier I suppliers, this type of operation could be common.

OP
OP
GN34

GN34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Could it be that you have to enable the pages in the IP setup? There are some pages in the Camaro that have to be selected and enabled or they don't show. In my car I had to select the 0-60 timer and the 1/4 mile timer. Every time the battery is disconnected the pages have to be re-selected. Not sure Ford does the same thing or not, but since they both get their IPs from Tier I suppliers, this type of operation could be common.
I've scrolled through the Information menus via the steering wheel controls while in different modes and just can't find these two gauges.

I have the LCD cluster, so maybe they're only available in the standard IP cluster.

If the Engine Oil Temp Gauge has been removed. Which gauge is the best indicator that the engine is up to operating temperature?
The Cylinder Head Temp?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've scrolled through the Information menus via the steering wheel controls while in different modes and just can't find these two gauges.

I have the LCD cluster, so maybe they're only available in the standard IP cluster.

If the Engine Oil Temp Gauge has been removed. Which gauge is the best indicator that the engine is up to operating temperature?
The Cylinder Head Temp?
If it’s like the Camaro instrumentation set, you will not find it when scrolling through the information pages. You have to put it on the information pages. The way to do that is through the SETTINGS pages. If my photos post here you’ll see what I mean. This is, as I mentioned, on a Camaro, but maybe Ford does the same type of menu personalization.

Look for the SETTINGS icon on your menus. For my car, it’s the gear at the bottom of the display.
full.jpg

Then select the PERFORMANCE pages. I currently have all 8 of 8 pages set to display. But on the INFO side I am displaying 9 of 10.
full.jpg

I unselected OIL TEMP so you can see what it looks like unselected. The text is white and the bar to the left of the text is white. If I left it like that, I would not be able to display my oil temp gauge by scrolling through the menus. It simply wouldn’t be there.
full.jpg

And then I selected it again, so this is how it looks in SETTINGS with OIL TEMP selected. The text is blue and the bar to the left of the text is blue. I am thinking it’s a similar process for Mustang.
full.jpg

I hope that helps.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I have a March 2018 build with the digital dash and I don’t have the engine oil temp gauge either. It’s literally my only complaint on an otherwise perfect car. It especially bothers me since the early 2018 builds have it.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a look at pages 89 & 90 of the 2019 Mustang Owners Manual. It clearly shows a setup similar to the one I detailed above with my Camaro IP and all the "check the box" menu options. And it clearly points out OIL TEMP as an optional box to check.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2018.pdf

You guys aren't seeing it because you haven't figured out how to check the box. You have to go into Gauge Mode to check the box.

OP
OP
GN34

GN34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a March 2018 build with the digital dash and I don’t have the engine oil temp gauge either. It’s literally my only complaint on an otherwise perfect car. It especially bothers me since the early 2018 builds have it.
This website image must have been from the early builds.
The Engine Oil and Cylinder Head Temp Gauges look directly proportional in the image.
Mustang LCD Cluster.jpg

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Take a look at pages 89 & 90 of the 2019 Mustang Owners Manual. It clearly shows a setup similar to the one I detailed above with my Camaro IP and all the "check the box" menu options. And it clearly points out OIL TEMP as an optional box to check.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2018.pdf

You guys aren't seeing it because you haven't figured out how to check the box. You have to go into Gauge Mode to check the box.
This has been an issue for the later 2018 and 2019 builds for months now. Stop accusing us of not seeing it just because your Camaro has it. The Ford and GM dash setups are completely different. There is literally no box to check with engine oil temp.

I just hope Ford releases an update for the digital dash that includes the oil temp display.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Could someone with a digital gauge please confirm this? It's not clear if those pages just refer to the non digital cluster.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GN34

GN34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The Oil Temp selection box is missing in my 2019 LCD cluster. I have all the other boxes and can check up to 3.

Is the Engine Oil Temp gauge available in the standard instrument panel?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The oil temp gauge was lost in cluster firmware changes from Ford. I don’t know why. I have the oil temp gauge but I don’t have the multi line gauge display many others have. While I also can select three gauges, I can also scroll through all the gauges to see any of them just by pushing the down arrow on the steering wheel. It probably shows it in the owners manual based on timing of the print at what was designed at the time.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Oil Temp selection box is missing in my 2019 LCD cluster. I have all the other boxes and can check up to 3.

Is the Engine Oil Temp gauge available in the standard instrument panel?
So it looks like you did get into the settings and the option was not there. That sucks. Hard to figure why it was in the 2019 manual if they made the change in 2018. Could be like you say, that it is only in the optional IP, but looking at pages 89 & 90 it looked to me like that was specific to the standard IP.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Pages 89 & 90 are for the "Type 1" gauge cluster (the non-digital). The "Type 2" (all digital) gauge type settings start on page 94. I see no "Oil Temp" setting option under the Type 2 gauge.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
I don't have it either in my 19...
Sponsored