PablooV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Knuckles.s550
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey what's up.

I have a 2017 Automatic Ecoboost. Here's my problem..

I've recently upgraded my OEM downpipe for a CVF Catted Downpipe. I also got a diablotune 3 days after it.

The issue I've been having is when I floor it, once my car is within the range of 4.5-5.5 RPMS, it starts doing very loud pops, I'm not the most educated person with cars but I'd say that isn't supposed to happen.

It'd make sense if it started doing pops when I let off the throttle, but it is doing it as I'm accelerating.

Some of my boys have told me it has to do with the o2 sensor's.

I went to a local shop and made sure everything was tight, to make sure it wasn't happening because of an exhaust leak. So before buying new o2 sensors to see if it goes away I wanted to ask if anyone has gone through this and something else could be causing it.

I'm also getting code P0420 on my check engine light.

Thank you,
Sponsored

S1lv3rbull3t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
S197 2012 Mustang GT
I would ditch the Diablo tune and go get a purple drank tune or unleashed. I've always heard good things about them. I dont know to much about diablo but i rarely hear of anyone using them for a tuner for ecoboost. As far as the P0420 code, a simple O2 spacer installed on the downstream will fix that.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I would ditch the Diablo tune and go get a purple drank tune or unleashed. I've always heard good things about them. I dont know to much about diablo but i rarely hear of anyone using them for a tuner for ecoboost. As far as the P0420 code, a simple O2 spacer installed on the downstream will fix that.
x2.
I used a 90' spacer (bung) and didn't throw a code.

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
First go back to the OEM tune & clear the code. Then drive the car and see if the code returns. If it does the problem isn't related to the tune but likely to the downpipe install. Might be another problem that surfaced coincidently with the downpipe install but doubtful. If the code doesn't return it's the tune. Contact the tuner and see if they have any ideas. You may need an O2 sensor "fouler". The tuner should be able to tell you for sure.

Hope you get it sorted out.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Put the exhaust spacer in and change your plugs to Iridiums.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
which o2 sensor did you put the spacer on? the downstream right? the one after the cat?

mellda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2020
Hey what's up.

I have a 2017 Automatic Ecoboost. Here's my problem..

I've recently upgraded my OEM downpipe for a CVF Catted Downpipe. I also got a diablotune 3 days after it.

The issue I've been having is when I floor it, once my car is within the range of 4.5-5.5 RPMS, it starts doing very loud pops, I'm not the most educated person with cars but I'd say that isn't supposed to happen.

It'd make sense if it started doing pops when I let off the throttle, but it is doing it as I'm accelerating.

Some of my boys have told me it has to do with the o2 sensor's.

I went to a local shop and made sure everything was tight, to make sure it wasn't happening because of an exhaust leak. So before buying new o2 sensors to see if it goes away I wanted to ask if anyone has gone through this and something else could be causing it.

I'm also getting code P0420 on my check engine light.

Thank you,
How have you solved it? What was the cause?
Sponsored