Sponsored

2016 Ecoboost Premium Misfire

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
While you're at it, spend $35 and change the Low Pressure Fuel Sensor. A failing one is a common cause of misfires in EcoBoost Mustangs.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I believe the rear gearing is 3.55, I'd need to double check though.
Only if it's a Performance Package vehicle (unless someone modded it). PP cars have oil pressure and boost gauges in the center console (replacing one of the three "eyeball" HVAC vents), and fake brushed carbon fiber on the dash inset...

OP
OP
DruDru_97

DruDru_97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost premium
While you're at it, spend $35 and change the Low Pressure Fuel Sensor. A failing one is a common cause of misfires in EcoBoost Mustangs.
I'll Have to give that a change too. Ive read a few things about the low pressure sensor but hadnt seen anything about it causing a misfire.

Only if it's a Performance Package vehicle (unless someone modded it). PP cars have oil pressure and boost gauges in the center console (replacing one of the three "eyeball" HVAC vents), and fake brushed carbon fiber on the dash inset...
The car has been an oddball. I purchased it (Im the 3rd owner) and it had the roush CAI already installed and felt quicker than the other bone stock Ecoboosts I had test driven but Im doubtful the CAI would have much of anything to do with that. Was it a possibility that the rear gearing was an optional add-on without having the whole performance package added on?
Sponsored