MBRP with Headers

21twister

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I have 21 gt with the MBRP street catback and got to enjoy it before the snow came. working at a dealership helped me get headers as i took some stainless works catted headers off a gt350. they're a direct fit for the 5.0. im more curious if it would be worth installing the headers or if it would be too much with the MBRP street catback. all suggestions are appreciated and sadly wont go catless as New York emissions testing sucks enough. also if anyone else has the same system with headers if you have sound clips as its hard to find some especially inside the vehicle
Sponsored

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
I have the same catback. Wondering the same thing

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
It will definitely be louder than the stock headers are with the long tubes. Not quite as loud as cat less would be though. You should try it and see if you like the sound. If you don’t you can get a magnaflow or vibrant resonators welded in to the exhaust and quite it down.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
it’ll be loud, but it’ll sound good too. If an opportunity presents itself, you could visit Your local drag strip or car meets and take a listen to some other Mustangs with exhaust modifications and ask questions about the various setups to see what you like and dislike.

Sponsored

RicardoC50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
After I put my stainless power Catted headers the mbrp got pretty loud ngl but everyone’s tastes are different so that might not be the case for you. I ended up putting some vibrant resonators and it sounds just about perfect the only downside is i noticed it has some drone.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I have 21 gt with the MBRP street catback and got to enjoy it before the snow came. working at a dealership helped me get headers as i took some stainless works catted headers off a gt350. they're a direct fit for the 5.0. im more curious if it would be worth installing the headers or if it would be too much with the MBRP street catback. all suggestions are appreciated and sadly wont go catless as New York emissions testing sucks enough. also if anyone else has the same system with headers if you have sound clips as its hard to find some especially inside the vehicle
I have the exact same sit up. And was wondering that same thing about headers

OP
OP
21twister

21twister

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
i appreciate everyones responses. i will most certainly get out to events and meets and talk with owners on their own vehicles and get some ideas. ive had the headers up for sell for about a month and they havent gone so ive been strongly considering them with my car and wanted some opinions and see if anyone else was enjoying the catback with headers. thankyou

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
i appreciate everyones responses. i will most certainly get out to events and meets and talk with owners on their own vehicles and get some ideas. ive had the headers up for sell for about a month and they havent gone so ive been strongly considering them with my car and wanted some opinions and see if anyone else was enjoying the catback with headers. thankyou
If you want to sell them let me know I might take them

Sponsored

5PTWHOA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15co50yr
I have catless LTs and MBRP exhaust and it was hella loud before adding resonators
Which resonators and where did you install them? I also have ffe with corsa sports. Would also like to tame it down a bit.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Which resonators and where did you install them? I also have ffe with corsa sports. Would also like to tame it down a bit.
On the Corsa setup you can add a pair of Vibrant 1794s in the straight area right after the muffler before the double x. Fits perfectly. That's what I did when I had Xtremes and added long tubes and the tone was horribly trumpety. Did the trick to clean up the tone and took the volume down a bit. Ultimately I cut off the mufflers and added AWE Touring rear section on to the double X mated to ARH.

Vibrants.jpg

5PTWHOA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15co50yr
On the Corsa setup you can add a pair of Vibrant 1794s in the straight area right after the muffler before the double x. Fits perfectly. That's what I did when I had Xtremes and added long tubes and the tone was horribly trumpety. Did the trick to clean up the tone and took the volume down a bit. Ultimately I cut off the mufflers and added AWE Touring rear section on to the double X mated to ARH.

Vibrants.jpg
How does your new set up compare volume wise?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
How does your new set up compare volume wise?
Surprisingly I would say a bit louder than the Xtremes were prior to the Vibrants, but without that annoying trumpety tone. Also more character in the lower rpms. Still 0 drone. This vid has her on a dyno, you can hear the lower tones early then screaming at wot.

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Theres only like 3 videos I’ve found on youtube of this setup. I guess not a lot of people run them.
Sponsored