MBRP Race catback with long tube headers

ethonlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2020
So right now I have the MBRP race catback exhaust system and in the near future I want to get long tube headers and I was wondering if anybody else has this setup? If you do how much louder is the setup with the headers? Because I imagine it would be pretty loud but I want to try to be somewhat respectful to my neighbors since I already have a loud exhaust. Or should I just say screw it and go with the headers?
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
It will be very loud. Especially on cold start. I suggest the Street version instead. It'll still be very loud. Just not as bad.

OP
OP

ethonlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2020
It will be very loud. Especially on cold start. I suggest the Street version instead. It'll still be very loud. Just not as bad.
Yea I figured. Thought about getting the roush active exhaust system they have for base model cars like mine that don't already have active exhaust. I assume that would help a bit, especially with the cold starts

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had long tubes and MBRP race series on my '09 GT500 and it was stupid loud. Like almost Nascar level stupid. My neighbors hated it, (all except 1, he loved it 😁), had to go street series, it was still loud, especially on cold start, but not ridiculous. I know it's not apples to apples comparison, but it's close.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Have comparable and it's not bad on start-up or low
RPM. (Kooks LTH and 3" Race straight pipes, no CAT, does have Kooks small muffler)

However, you can hear it echo at the top of the hill.

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Street version would also drone less. As would others designed for anti drone like AWE and Corsa.

You could bring the volume down a tad if you find it too loud afterwards by adding a pair of Vibrants or other comparable resonators.
Sponsored