Long Tube Headers + Borla.. Too Loud?

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Im installing the magnaflow tru x tomorrow morning on my roush axle back + res delete + mak cat delete whipple car tomorrow. What do you mean by neutered? You mean sound like stock? I made an entire thread on the mag res x pipe and everybody with the exact same setup as mine said that the magnaflow tru x took away all of the rasp, and it cut down volume by 30-40%, which is what i am looking for.
It did take away the rasp, but for me it was simply too quiet. It wasn't stock quiet, but it was definitely more quiet than just my catback with stock manifolds. Keep in mind my car is still NA. I think with you being a whipple car and moving more air, your end result will likely be different.

My apologies for not seeing this earlier this evening.
Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Install the MagnaFlo Tru x or the Borla resonated x along with the LT's. Trust me. Not to loud with top down & still let others know your car is not 'stock'.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did very similar to this to tone down Corsa Xtreme to ARH LTH. A pair of 1794 Vibrants took out the trumpety sound and calmed it down alot.
Where did you place the Vibrants? I have some small resonators which are 6 inch long with maybe 1/2 inch packing attached between the headers and OR pipe. I was thinking of adding them there.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you place the Vibrants? I have some small resonators which are 6 inch long with maybe 1/2 inch packing attached between the headers and OR pipe. I was thinking of adding them there.
The 1794s fit in the straight section right before the inlet to the muffler. Almost perfect fit.

Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I just got back from the muffler shop. The magnaflow tru x REALLYYY quieted everything drown dramatically. My car is now quieter than even before I took the cats off of the car. The tone did change and a lot of the rasp went away, its very deep. Anything under 3k rpm on my setup is almost like having just an axle back exhaust on a stock NA car. But if you floor it past 3k pedal to the metal it gives a very nice deep grunt. Im not sure how i feel about it though

If you do not want the car extremely quiet, dont get this. But if you were like me, and was worried 24/7 about being pulled over from being heard 4 blocks away, get this. I can enjoy all 650rwhp at my disposal and floor it way more often and stay under the radar. Although I did miss the popping gunshots when letting off the throttle at 4k or higher, it is nice being under the radar again and being able to fully enjoy the car without worry. I also heard the x pipe needs to be "broken in" for about 100 miles and it will get about 10% louder.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
So I just got back from the muffler shop. The magnaflow tru x REALLYYY quieted everything drown dramatically. My car is now quieter than even before I took the cats off of the car. The tone did change and a lot of the rasp went away, its very deep. Anything under 3k rpm on my setup is almost like having just an axle back exhaust on a stock NA car. But if you floor it past 3k pedal to the metal it gives a very nice deep grunt. Im not sure how i feel about it though

If you do not want the car extremely quiet, dont get this. But if you were like me, and was worried 24/7 about being pulled over from being heard 4 blocks away, get this. I can enjoy all 650rwhp at my disposal and floor it way more often and stay under the radar. Although I did miss the popping gunshots when letting off the throttle at 4k or higher, it is nice being under the radar again and being able to fully enjoy the car without worry. I also heard the x pipe needs to be "broken in" for about 100 miles and it will get about 10% louder.
If you decide to make a change from there, consider the vibrant bottle-style resonators if you have room to install. While volume is reduced, they shine by taking some of the harshness out of the tones.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If you decide to make a change from there, consider the vibrant bottle-style resonators if you have room to install. While volume is reduced, they shine by taking some of the harshness out of the tones.
Maybe in the future i will add those resonators if i decide i just want a little volume back. But i paid $292 after taxes for my resonator, i dont plan on just taking it off yet. Ill just enjoy being stealthy right now and then when i go back to school in arizona in august, ill make it ridiculously loud again.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Maybe in the future i will add those resonators if i decide i just want a little volume back. But i paid $292 after taxes for my resonator, i dont plan on just taking it off yet. Ill just enjoy being stealthy right now and then when i go back to school in arizona in august, ill make it ridiculously loud again.
Dont blame you one bit. Enjoy stealth mode!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The 1794s fit in the straight section right before the inlet to the muffler. Almost perfect fit.
Yup exactly. Similar to below:
Vibrants.jpg

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Agree with the Magnaflow being too quiet. I have LT's, x pipe and Roush mufflers which is crazy loud. Added the Magnaflow Tru-X and it killed the sound of the car drastically. I ended up taking it out.
Sponsored