Sponsored

Max Effort Whipple Gen 3 Dyno Results!

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Well its been a bit since I have got to post anything worth while. First of all I would like to recommend a few businesses/people that have helped me out. Whipple has been more than supportive and provided the 150mm upgrade and 3" pulley these pulls were made on. BA Motorsports for helping build the car, Finish Line Performance and Team Beefcake Racing for the use of the dyno and giving great deals on parts. Palm Beach Dyno and Rob Shoemaker for the tune. BES Racing Engines for the motor build. THANK YOU!

Saturday we put the car on the dyno at FLP/Team Beefcake Racing. Rob went to work with the tune. It all depends on which numbers you guys want to compare it to, but it made 1012 or 1036 to the wheels and both over 800ft lbs of torque.

To give a little information, the short block has been sleeved with an epoxy short fill for strength, Ross Pistons, FRP Boss Crank, ported heads with Manley Race Valves and Comp Cams Stage III NA cams. In preparation of making more power we upgraded to ID 1700 cc injectors, upgraded the 1 7/8 ARH and H pipe to ARH 2" headers and X pipe.

On the dyno the Whipple would hit hard with max boost on the 3" pulley with 24lbs.. At 6000 rpm's the boost would start to fall and maintain about an average of 22lbs. IMO I'm starting to think the Whipple is maxed out about 1050 rwhp or so. I have never seen efficiency numbers posted or max boost or effort numbers, but according to PBD this is near the top.

Feel free to chime in with comments or questions.

Dyno 9.22.18.jpg
Sponsored

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
wow,nice job...
Them turbo queers wont know what hit them

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. What is deceiving is the graphs... Peak numbers are NOT everything. as we tuned the car the pulls had just a little gap between them. That little gap between pulls was 70-100 hp gain throughout the pull as we dyno'd the car!! They didn't look like that big of a difference because of the scale.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Very nice for sure !
Congrats . So no issues daily driving with the epoxy fill ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice for sure !
Congrats . So no issues daily driving with the epoxy fill ?
None at all. I have been driving it in 95 degree weather and the ECT stays normally 180-185. Sitting in traffic with AC on I have seen 195-200.
IAT temps usually run about 20 degrees above ambient. I monitor oil temps also and always reads "Normal".

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Time to get with kelly and BMR to get you a 1.2 60ft and run a low 8 like Anthony's car.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Stuck with the stick? Should be interesting to see how hard it will be to hook. Awesome numbers!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuck with the stick? Should be interesting to see how hard it will be to hook. Awesome numbers!
I have so far.... I will try to provide a little information here as well...….. Back in the beginning of the year with the stock block combo and 200 DA I went 10.3@145 on an ET Biased ply and soft launch. After a base tune from PBD and new combo... I went back to the track and ran on 20" MT DR S/S in 3000ft plus DA. Went a 10.4@145 with a soft launch....
Now with the completed tune it should be and 3" pulley in should be vicious. I'm going to ATTEMPT to go into the 9z on a 20" radial in Bowling Green this week at NMRA race.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! :like: Post that graph.
Just press the pause button...….. same graph.....

Some post in STD and some in SAE. I was clear what it made in original post. The video is even clearly labeled.

I don't go for just numbers, as I know the dyno is a tool. Watch the videos, where I show the results, you clearly see the times each pull was made. These four digit pulls was made 30 minutes apart and we made several that day. If I wanted a number we could have took a break, cool it all down and go for a pure power number. This isn't what was done.

To be honest... I was hoping for 1200 plus and thought it was possible, I was disappointed myself, but happy at the same time. I just don't think a Whipple 2.9 has much more than 1100 to the wheels.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Great numbers....that car must be a blast/handful to drive. Congrats

I am curious what Whipple has to say regarding the limits of this blower, because like you said I don't think there are too many other 1000whp Whipple 2.9's out there.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great numbers....that car must be a blast/handful to drive. Congrats

I am curious what Whipple has to say regarding the limits of this blower, because like you said I don't think there are too many other 1000whp Whipple 2.9's out there.
I would love for them to chime in also.....
Sponsored