Gen 3 2.9L Whipple S550 Dyno Results - Video -

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
If you upgrade the throttle body, wouldn't you have to upgrade the injectors? In that case your just better off going with the Stage 2 kit? :shrug: With the 15% off deal, the difference in $$$ is around $700-$800 between the kits. To upgrade the throttle body alone is $600 I believe?
Yup you really have to do the stage 2 man. Sorry I know it's always something, but I was like you thinking well 580-600 wheel is enough for me with the stage 1. But someone talked me into it and man with %15 off deal I would have been so pissed I didn't do it. Thanks to those who push stage 2 on me.
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Yup you really have to do the stage 2 man. Sorry I know it's always something, but I was like you thinking well 580-600 wheel is enough for me with the stage 1. But someone talked me into it and man with %15 off deal I would have been so pissed I didn't do it. Thanks to those who push stage 2 on me.
I got Jaime pushing me. :ninja: I'm just trying to avoid having to upgrade the OPG/CS at this time or at all.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I got Jaime pushing me. :ninja: I'm just trying to avoid having to upgrade the OPG/CS at this time or at all.
LOL...I was just texting Jamie. from Dustin Whipple himself, said if you stay with the stock balancer you should be safe with the stock OPG and timing gear. The only failures he's seen are guys that changed to aftermarket damper with stock OPG and TG like me. I wasted my motor last year that way. The ATI or MMR change the harmonics in a bad way for the stock gears.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
LOL...I was just texting Jamie. from Dustin Whipple himself, said if you stay with the stock balancer you should be safe with the stock OPG and timing gear. The only failures he's seen are guys that changed to aftermarket damper with stock OPG and TG like me. I wasted my motor last year that way. The ATI or MMR change the harmonics in a bad way for the stock gears.
Yeah, Jaime mentioned that too. Jaime is such a great man. He's been so helpful and informative. He installed my Kooks and him and Marcus helped trying to remedy my header pipe rubbing the steering shaft. They moved my K member over a bit and it made it much better. I don't think it's totally fixed, but it was good enough for now. If/when I decide to take the plunge he offered to do the install because he loves doing it. :lol:

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
Please let me know who has 15% Whipples right now and I’ll order tonight. PayPal ready!

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Good job. Car looks nice. Love the pics with the build.

Hello everyone,

We at Fathouse Fabrications recently finished up installing a Gen 3 2.9L Whipple Supercharger kit on our customer's 2016 Automatic S550 Mustang GT. The only other modifications to the car are Roush Axle-Back Exhuast and billet OPG's. We tuned the car conseratively on 91 octane because it was getting shipped overseas, and on 9 psi the final results were 673 rwhp and 559 rwtq.

Below is the dyno video as well as some photos of the install.

1534uba.jpg

6zltnb.jpg

15qcl0w.jpg

29lilhx.jpg

25z14yv.jpg

95vf2x.jpg

iz1641.jpg

fyew4j.jpg

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Really nice numbers for the tiny stock throttle body. Gen 3 kicks ass

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Well 670 wheel is enough for me :)

I hear you but I just don't feel that I need it.

I'm curious to see how it looks installed though, do you have a pic of your engine bay?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well 670 wheel is enough for me :)

I hear you but I just don't feel that I need it.

I'm curious to see how it looks installed though, do you have a pic of your engine bay?
Here is one of mine