Master rear spoiler thread -- Post yours here!

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is the general consensus on wicker bills? Personally, I really like the look and have been considering getting either the LiquiVinyl or ZL1 Add-Ons Wicker for the GT350 Track Pack.

I do not track the car. I know that is its primary use. I'm imagining that adding it to a daily as a cosmetic piece would not do much in terms of drag/aero on the highway doing 80. But maybe some of you have experience with it? Any stress on wing?

2015-2017-Shelby-GT350-TrackPack-Wickerbill-1.jpg

Is this the spoiler in the photo above? GT350 Track Pack

I have a Drake wicker bill in the garage that I have not installed yet, just test fitted it and was not a fan once it was on the car. I really like this one, just want to make sure I'm getting the correct one.

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Is this the spoiler in the photo above? GT350 Track Pack

I have a Drake wicker bill in the garage that I have not installed yet, just test fitted it and was not a fan once it was on the car. I really like this one, just want to make sure I'm getting the correct one.
yes.it's a gt350 track pack replica....i've seen these in person,they tend to be poorly made and the fibreglass is wavy and bumpy with uneven paint...which is why i paid the extra bucks for the "ford performance part"!

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
My Ford Performance Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap in Gloss Black (M-16600-FP) has arrived!

Now, before I remove the existing small spoiler and install the new one I need to decide: Do I have the new spoiler painted Shadow Black to match the car, or leave it gloss black?

Anyone with Shadow Black just stick with the gloss black spoiler and happy with it?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My Ford Performance Rear Spoiler With Gurney Flap in Gloss Black (M-16600-FP) has arrived!

Now, before I remove the existing small spoiler and install the new one I need to decide: Do I have the new spoiler painted Shadow Black to match the car, or leave it gloss black?

Anyone with Shadow Black just stick with the gloss black spoiler and happy with it?
Just curious if you hold the spoiler (or the gurney flap) next to your car, is there a noticeable difference in the two different black colors?

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base

it surely won't match the "shadow black"...but if you're doing black badges..they don't match either..paint matching would be a boss move,but i'd mount it in gloss black and never give it another thought,gonna look good either way!

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if you hold the spoiler (or the gurney flap) next to your car, is there a noticeable difference in the two different black colors?
Yeah, the Gloss Black looks more darker than the Shadow Black. Not really sure yet if that is a bad thing… I may remove the old spoiler, clean the deck lid, then temporarily install the new spoiler (not applying the double sided tape yet) and stare at it in the garage and the driveway till I make up my mind.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the Gloss Black looks more darker than the Shadow Black. Not really sure yet if that is a bad thing… I may remove the old spoiler, clean the deck lid, then temporarily install the new spoiler (not applying the double sided tape yet) and stare at it in the garage and the driveway till I make up my mind.
Smart

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
it surely won't match the "shadow black"...but if you're doing black badges..they don't match either..paint matching would be a boss move,but i'd mount it in gloss black and never give it another thought,gonna look good either way!
Left it gloss black! Can’t even tell a difference between the colors once I installed it.

479D7265-701F-47C4-90C8-7494F63B28B1.jpeg

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
American muscle is doing a deal on their GT350 style trackpack wings already color matched to shadow black for only $100, so I picked that up along with ZL1 Addons' trackpack wicker bill that's also on sale. Can't wait to get them on the car :clap:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Some Magic caught by Phoenix Designs founder Ricky. He used to be an APR guy.

Willow-Springs-4-8-23-LR-1.jpg

Willow-Springs-4-8-23-LR-150x.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Finally almost done, just need to decide to paint the uprights or leave them bare. I’ll probably do something to the brackets bases at least so they aren’t bare Al.

This is (likely) the first Zebulon wing on an S550. It needed some custom fabrication for mounting and Zebulon cut uprights to decklid profiles I sent him.

More pics this weekend…

IMG_5724.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5720.jpeg