Sponsored

Rear Spoiler

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The standard rear spoilers are, um, lame. Is it just me, or is there not even the option of a raised spoiler? I'm not talking about anything over-the-top, just a regular raised spoiler, something like this:

Anyway, since that doesn't appear to be an offering that you can get from the factory, does anybody have any idea how much purchase + installation of something like that would cost? I don't want to risk installing it myself and screwing up the paint or anything like that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That is why I am glad they deleted the spoiler on the performance package cars.
Well, I heavily considered the 50th Anniversary Limited edition because I LOVE Kona Blue, but I couldn't justify the added expense just for a color. And since that was the only way to get the Performance Package with an automatic, no PP for me.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Anyway, since that doesn't appear to be an offering that you can get from the factory, does anybody have any idea how much purchase + installation of something like that would cost? I don't want to risk installing it myself and screwing up the paint or anything like that.
The aftermarket will undoubtedly have options available, but obviously we have no way of knowing what they will cost until they are out.

Usually they are made to use the factory mounting locations, so installing them is really relatively easy if the car already has a factory spoiler. If not, well then obviously more extensive modifications are required (drilling).

I do most of my own work, so unfortunately I can't comment on the cost to have someone do it for you.

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The aftermarket will undoubtedly have options available, but obviously we have no way of knowing what they will cost until they are out.

Usually they are made to use the factory mounting locations, so installing them is really relatively easy if the car already has a factory spoiler. If not, well then obviously more extensive modifications are required (drilling).

I do most of my own work, so unfortunately I can't comment on the cost to have someone do it for you.
Yeah, there's absolutely no way I'd be putting a drill anywhere near a new car. I know my own limitations. Hopefully after I get the car I can find a nice spoiler that can be purchased and installed for less than $5,000.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Yeah, there's absolutely no way I'd be putting a drill anywhere near a new car. I know my own limitations. Hopefully after I get the car I can find a nice spoiler that can be purchased and installed for less than $5,000.
Less then $5k?!! Ha....I think you should have no problem with that.

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium