Fonzy1983

DaFonz
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
Black PP GT (2015), 2012 BMW X5
Please post more pictures once you get it on the car, interested in seeing the final pictures.
Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Install appt is scheduled next Weds morning and there will def be pics!! :thumbsup:

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
was looking at the Foose Spoiler because debating about getting one for me. For all your convertible owners, looks like it will work, just need to do some drilling to the factory decklid per their description

OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
Idea! Run by the Ford dealer and set it on the rear of a convertible and take some pics of it on there. ; )

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Alex from AM sent me the following message.

"Jeff - Sorry about the delay but we actually had the listing updated and this "will" fit convertibles but drilling would be involved as the holes are not identical. I'll try to get some more information for you as it's made available to me.

Alex"

I just looked and it has been updated as follows.

MMD BY FOOSE REAR SPOILER - PRE-PAINTED (15-16 ALL)

Reuses Holes Left by Factory Fastback Wing
Fits All 2015-2016 Mustangs

Reuses Factory Holes. The MMD by Foose rear spoiler was specifically designed to reuse the existing holes left in the deck lid by the stock wing (if so equipped) on the Fastback model. The spoiler installs easily with a combination of hardware and 3M automotive bonding tape, a drilling template is included for the Mustangs not equipped with a factory installed wing. Convertible models equipped with a stock wing will not be able to reuse the factory holes, drilling will still be required for installation.

Question is how do we "patch" the existing holes left unused?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackGT

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
That is some good news! Now I need to convince my wife I need one.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I'm curious if we do not have any holes would it really be required to drill?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yes

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Alex from AM sent me the following message.

"Jeff - Sorry about the delay but we actually had the listing updated and this "will" fit convertibles but drilling would be involved as the holes are not identical. I'll try to get some more information for you as it's made available to me.

Alex"

I just looked and it has been updated as follows.

MMD BY FOOSE REAR SPOILER - PRE-PAINTED (15-16 ALL)

Reuses Holes Left by Factory Fastback Wing
Fits All 2015-2016 Mustangs

Reuses Factory Holes. The MMD by Foose rear spoiler was specifically designed to reuse the existing holes left in the deck lid by the stock wing (if so equipped) on the Fastback model. The spoiler installs easily with a combination of hardware and 3M automotive bonding tape, a drilling template is included for the Mustangs not equipped with a factory installed wing. Convertible models equipped with a stock wing will not be able to reuse the factory holes, drilling will still be required for installation.

Question is how do we "patch" the existing holes left unused?
the spoiler will probably cover your existing holes (but not sure on that, never seen the factory spoiler off a convertible)

If this spoiler would cover it and u are worried that something may get through like moisture or something, just go to your local hardware store and get some rubber plugs or something to fill the holes

Sponsored

WildHorses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm curious if we do not have any holes would it really be required to drill?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I would just say drill, so u have the extra security that the spoiler will stay on instead of just using tape. Because if it flew off since it didnt use the proper mounting procedure and got damaged, you would be out of some money

when u do drill, I would recommend putting down painters tape on the decklid so the drill tip wouldn't crack/chip the paint. Here is a good video about drilling into paint [ame] starting at the 2:30 mark

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Good tip, thanks, and FRIDAY coupon on American Muscle get you $30 off the spoiler. I ordered black and its out of stock. No rush!

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly a bit disappointed with them. Ordered over a week ago when they got restocked, spoke with them and was told they had two of them in my color ready to ship. So I went through with it, zero communication from them until today after emails and pm on this site and was told they gave me the wrong info and that they have none and I can cancel. Really sweet way of letting me know, guess I was just supposed to wait forever. Not very happy at all with AM right now since I paid for a product and was told it was there, seems a bit interesting to me. And it was the only spoiler I actually liked, looks like I am f'ed.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just got off a chat with AM, the product has NO ETA, I am in no rush, but I may very well continue looking. I also like the GT/CS spoiler but from Ford its very pricey.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350