Sponsored

Manual or Automatic

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
yup. mechanical/clutch wise
puhlease - a manual is about the most dirt simple thing out there and clutches last as long as you treat them well. I've been pounding the crap out of my GTI with APR stage I since it had chipped at 5,000 miles on the clock and still no slipping at 68,000 miles. Automatics have a gazillion things that can fail if the transmission fluid gets over 200F - worst case scenario with a manual is you get eau de roasted clutch wafting through your cabin and spend $1,500 for a new one. OK - maybe if you can't shift or rev match worth a damn and trash the synchros prematurely...................
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Most carjackers or those trying to steal your car really can't drive a manual so more likely they will be stuck...lol.
Sorry to hijack the thread but a word of advice to everyone who doesn't drive a car with push button start. I always keep my key fob in my pocket, NEVER in the car. If a car-jacker wants the car I can simply get out and run. He jumps in and can't go very far because he HAS NO KEY. If you valet, hand it to him.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread. :threadjacked:

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
puhlease - a manual is about the most dirt simple thing out there and clutches last as long as you treat them well. I've been pounding the crap out of my GTI with APR stage I since it had chipped at 5,000 miles on the clock and still no slipping at 68,000 miles. Automatics have a gazillion things that can fail if the transmission fluid gets over 200F - worst case scenario with a manual is you get eau de roasted clutch wafting through your cabin and spend $1,500 for a new one. OK - maybe if you can't shift or rev match worth a damn and trash the synchros prematurely...................
most of the cars in my mustang club have had nothing but trouble with the MT82

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
Sorry to hijack the thread but a word of advice to everyone who doesn't drive a car with push button start. I always keep my key fob in my pocket, NEVER in the car. If a car-jacker wants the car I can simply get out and run. He jumps in and can't go very far because he HAS NO KEY. If you valet, hand it to him.
Well, he can go until he turns it off the first time.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm hoping to get a gt350 when they come out, so I'm going to assume the stick will be the only option.. That said, I would love a quick shifting auto as occasionally I'm in So Cal traffic and it's not always fun with an stick. Having recently had the pleasure of driving several HIGH END EUROPEAN sports cars (Ferrari's & Porsche turbos) at Exotics Racing in Vegas, I've grown to appreciate excellent paddle shifters.

The consistancy you can get out of a good auto or dual clutch (semi) auto is pretty intoxicating.

Sponsored

Pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
I've driven through bay area traffic and socal traffic. It's not that bad if you're not trying to bumper hump the person in front of you. Throw it in first or second let the car roll/engine break.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
thats my plan

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Auto vs Manual

If one wants the PP the decision is already made for us.

Genny2stang

Threads
Reaction score
As far as numbers won't an auto always put out lower numbers then a manual? Of course you can tune the auto but it will still not match up to a tuned manual... Considering no driver error

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
MANUAL

I have a 40 minute commute deep into the city every day. Stick all the way, never got tired of it for the last 4 years driving stick, different cars including a ratty old beater with worn syncros lol not fun but it was all good.

too much fun! come on this is a MUSTANG manual ftw

volsfan0911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
most of the cars in my mustang club have had nothing but trouble with the MT82
Really? I'm surprised but if that's the case then I'll be really careful or paranoid. I've never owned a Ford, much less a manual transmission one.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP