2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
Go white and you'll never go back!:lol:
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
the black does still look good from 10+ feet away. it's not all doom and gloom. i'm trying to stick with wash once per week, and maybe hose it off in between. don't ever try to hose and dry it though, and avoid using circular motions when washing/waxing. just up and down, and as stated, stick with microfiber and use a leaf blower if you have one available. keep the wax on there regularly and use a quick detail spray when you wash between the waxing. the black really does look amazing when it's shiny. it's a head turner. i bought it less for that shine and more for the sinister look it has. i love that stealth mode look.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Magnetic, had a black car previously. And like everyone says when it's clean it's slick but up keep is more since swirls are way more visible/apparent. And IMO black looks great but hides to many of the sexy s550's lines. Magnetic is such a dynamic color, it changes in all kinds of lighting situations.

vyZxD9a.jpg

Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Magnetic gets lots of attention :thumbsup:

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
Step away from the grayscale and get a real color. Can't go wrong with any of the four, red, blue. yellow, or orange.

Nick71692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang
magnetic is awesome but black when clean is killer...ill just leave this here...then again Im not stock either

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Seems like a perfect thread for me. I have a black 2016 Mustang and my wife has a Magnetic 2015 Escape so I get to see both colors every single day side by side. Both are BEAUTIFUL colors. My last Mustang was silver and I always wanted a black on black car, so that is what I ordered. Black car, black wheels, tinted windows, and all the lights tinted. The epitome of a black car.

There is NOTHING that beats a freshly washed black car. If anyone else says so, assume they are lying. Seriously. It looks utterly amazing... for those five minutes it is cleaned.

I am going to make a statement, and it may seem generalized, but I would like to preface the statement with this: I have a drive way, a hose, chemical guys products, and around the corner from me is a DIY wash stall as well as a completely touchless carwash.

The statement: Black cars are ridiculously hard to maintain and I will never own a black car again. I love it, I do, but I don't want to maintain my next car like this.

Don't get me wrong, they POP when clean and nothing touches them. But they can't stay clean. At all. Also, they show EVERY imperfection like swirls or even the most minor scratches. My wife's Magnetic can not get a car wash for a month and will look cleaner than my car that was washed 24 hours previously.

It is the ultimate love/hate relationship and all I can say is if you don't plan to religious maintain the exterior then do not buy black.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree with RegDir. I loved my black EB. And I have always been a black, gray, silver car person. When the EB was clean, it was amazing! But that amazing clean look wouldn't last. And every time I would clean it, I would find more swirl marks, more scratches, more imperfections.....drove me crazy! I would literally drool with jealousy of the colored cars on this forum (CO being my fave) and so when I traded it I went after a CO GT. This color is completely out of my normalcy and comfort zone but I gotta say I freaking love it! The next time you're out driving around, look at all the cars. You'll see mostly dark colored cars. You wanna feel like you're driving a sports car.....get a bright color. :cheers:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
mine. day i brought it home and a few days later after tint. the tint pic i had only done a quick wash. that's my wife's explorer in the reflecton. so shiny it almost looks like a dent.
mustang.jpg
mustangtint.jpg

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
If I were to get another color, it would be Guard. I think it looks awesome with the PP wheels and I don't see too many of them.

OP
OP

DJ_Vorticees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 GT
Black looks nice when it's clean and maintained. If you are lazy, avoid black.

PS, you get a car for graduating college? My parents just assumed I better graduated and finished a 4 year degree in 3. Of course my parents are Chinese, and I paid for my toys.
Haha in my household it was the gift of a car upon college graduation. My sister dropped out so she never go hers so I think my parents are rolling over her savings to my car so I guess I'm double dipping a bit!
Sponsored