Sponsored

Shadow Black vs Gloss Black

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Anyone know the difference in these 2 colors? My Mach 1 is Shadow Black. I’ve looked at exterior parts described as “Gloss Black” such as the FP GT500 spwing. How close are these colors to matching? Close but no cigar? Close enough? Look great together? Yeah, you’ll need to have it painted? Anyone have a Shadow Black car with gloss black parts? Pics woukd be appreciated.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
They are slightly different. Shadow Black (same color) has a little bit of blue in it. Not sure how noticeable the difference would be with the gloss black swing on a Shadow Black car.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
both equally hard to keep clean. my wheels are gloss black, they dont clash with the shadow black body color imo.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Short answer no. In the sun it is totally noticeable. As previously mentioned 2015 and up shadow black consists of black ,matte base and a touch of blue pearl. Here's a pick of 3 "gloss blacks" none of which are the same and definitely look different from each other in the sun. IF i have time I'll try to do a spray out of each to show to difference.

20240314_130903.jpg

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
@Johnny maverick
I'm with you. In the sun, you can see the beautiful blue and dark green metallic flake, but no difference at all in the shade.

@Prodigal For most people, they wouldn't notice the difference.

Sponsored

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
both equally hard to keep clean.
Lol that is what i was thinking, sorry no help on the op question,but as much as black looks fantastic - i own a shadow black, sparkles great when clean but is a pita to keep clean!
This is my first black car, it looks stunning cleaned up…. 5 minutes later its dirty looking.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this on another thread :

Off topic but yeah, I will echo that - and I've even read shadow black owers saying there is no flake in it ... lol

I almost bought a slightly damaged 350 spoiler that the owner told me was ebony, yet on the close up of the damage you could see the sparkle.

Shadow black :

IMG_2249.jpg

1690973976026.jpeg

Also shadow black, on the exact same roof and vents ...

IMG_4062.jpg

1690974037171.jpeg

It is difficult to capture (in focus) on a phone camera.

I suspect Ford put it in just to add some 'sparkle'. Catch a direct reflection of the sun on a shadow black part (so it's dazzling you) and then move around, the reflection flashes and sparkles - it adds a nice subtle visual effect :like:

WD :like:
WD :like:
Sponsored