Sponsored

Magnetic or Shadow Black

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
She sure was beautiful when she was new and free of swirl marks and dents..

Sponsored

Grandmarshal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Magnetic.

[ame]

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
why is it full of swirl marks after a year?

Truth be told it was full of swirl marks the day I received it.. Lol. I just made things worse over time.

I've taken every precaution I could.. I use the 2 bucket system with grit guard, I used meguiars gold class soap which is fairly soft, I bought a ton of premium silk lined MF towels and even bought an electric pressure washer with a foam thingy so that I wouldn't touch the paint as much. It's simply inevitable.. and on black, every little tiny imperfection is painfully obvious.. you can see individual particles of pollen scattered all over the paint 5 seconds after a thorough wash Lol.

I just bought a cheap random orbital polisher and some meguiars ultimate polish.. hopefully that'll help some. I also bought an outdoor car cover to go with it, since my car sits out in the elements surrounded by trees, hopefully it'll stay cleaner longer and reduce the amount of washing required. Currently I wash it once a week on Saturday, hoping to extend that to once every 2 weeks with a bit of Ecosmart RU in between washes.

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Truth be told it was full of swirl marks the day I received it.. Lol. I just made things worse over time.

I've taken every precaution I could.. I use the 2 bucket system with grit guard, I used meguiars gold class soap which is fairly soft, I bought a ton of premium silk lined MF towels and even bought an electric pressure washer with a foam thingy so that I wouldn't touch the paint as much. It's simply inevitable.. and on black, every little tiny imperfection is painfully obvious.. you can see individual particles of pollen scattered all over the paint 5 seconds after a thorough wash Lol.

I just bought a cheap random orbital polisher and some meguiars ultimate polish.. hopefully that'll help some. I also bought an outdoor car cover to go with it, since my car sits out in the elements surrounded by trees, hopefully it'll stay cleaner longer and reduce the amount of washing required. Currently I wash it once a week on Saturday, hoping to extend that to once every 2 weeks with a bit of Ecosmart RU in between washes.
Man I feel your pain. My 14 was black and i felt like I scratched it just looking at it or breathing on it lol. :frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

I didn't wash mine for 2000 miles and it didn't look that dirty. Mine sits in the garage tho.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I didn't wash mine for 2000 miles and it didn't look that dirty. Mine sits in the garage tho.
My first wash was at 3000 miles & mine is a outside car.
I paid someone to wash it. :D
I would rather be golfing than washing my car.
Laziness is real.

dietz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What's up guys? This is my first post so please don't crucify me too harshly!

I'm graduating college in a couple of weeks and as a gift my parents are ordering me a S550 GT so I'm pretty stoked about that! However, I'm literally undecided on getting either Magnetic or Shadow Black (Performance Package) with Red Line Premier Trim Interior. Every time I see a Shadow Black, I lean towards that direction. I have never seen a Magnetic here in Chicago yet though (I saw one in Florida earlier this month and loved it).

I was hoping to get some opinions for you guys here to help me out even though ultimately I do know it is my decision in the end! Thanks guys!
I have a 16 GT performance pack in magnetic down in Joliet. IMO looks awesome.
IMG_20160422_173631.jpg

BFGT15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT
I bought a black 15 GT after having two previous race red mustangs (13 GT, 03 Mach) - I think my 13 race red had more swirls after a year than my black 15. Black does get dusty even when sitting in the garage, but that's really only noticeable if you're right up next to it, on the road it looks clean. I do wish Ford offered a metallic black for the mustang as is offered on other models.

Sponsored

Jugnuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT A6
I have a black GT that I clayed and sealed with wolfgang and put race silver Apex EC7 wheels on it two weeks ago. Ive gotten applause, a salute, and two many thumbs up to count. it does show dirt close up but it really shines 10 or so feet back.

kray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Edge 2013 F150
I love my black GT even though it is a bitch to keep clean. If I could do it over again though it would be Ruby Red. That is a beautiful color, not as fast as black, but beautiful! (lol)

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
What's up guys? This is my first post so please don't crucify me too harshly!

I'm graduating college in a couple of weeks and as a gift my parents are ordering me a S550 GT so I'm pretty stoked about that! However, I'm literally undecided on getting either Magnetic or Shadow Black (Performance Package) with Red Line Premier Trim Interior. Every time I see a Shadow Black, I lean towards that direction. I have never seen a Magnetic here in Chicago yet though (I saw one in Florida earlier this month and loved it).

I was hoping to get some opinions for you guys here to help me out even though ultimately I do know it is my decision in the end! Thanks guys!
I have the Magnetic with redline... Love it!
image.jpeg
image.jpg

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
You're all gonna kick my ass for this one. I think a Mustang would look great in the red orange metallic color that is on some

Camaros
Sponsored