Sponsored

Shadow Black in the flesh

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
I think Ford is really not being smart on that black paint; they could have made much more money charging extra if they would've come up with a nice metallic, rich black color...
This black being too "simple" (IMO) is one of the reasons why I decided to go with Magnetic (that and being tired of how fast a black car gets/looks dirty lol)

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Our 2014 Explorer Sport is called Tuxedo Black. So I guess they removed the "sparkles" from the black.

Sponsored

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
I think Ford is really not being smart on that black paint; they could have made much more money charging extra if they would've come up with a nice metallic, rich black color...
This black being too "simple" (IMO) is one of the reasons why I decided to go with Magnetic (that and being tired of how fast a black car gets/looks dirty lol)
I agree that they should offer the Mustang in Tuxedo Black. I'm not generally a fan of black cars, but that color is really sharp.

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm the opposite and love the non-metallic black. It's actually harder and harder to get non-metallic colors on cars nowadays.

My Grand Cherokee is "black" but has lots of metal flake in it. It looks good, but I prefer the true black on my Mustang.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Would be nice if there was pics for comparison.

Sponsored

Catfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2003 Cobra, 2015 GT PP
I'm the opposite and love the non-metallic black. It's actually harder and harder to get non-metallic colors on cars nowadays.

My Grand Cherokee is "black" but has lots of metal flake in it. It looks good, but I prefer the true black on my Mustang.
Agreed, I was hoping for a non metallic black also. I had a 2011 tuxedo black F350 and never really fell in love with the flake in the paint. I haven't owned a black vehicle since because it's all metallic.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Agreed, I was hoping for a non metallic black also. I had a 2011 tuxedo black F350 and never really fell in love with the flake in the paint. I haven't owned a black vehicle since because it's all metallic.
Hahaha, I guess this is a whole other new exemple of "to each his own" :)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The black on the 2015 is paint code "UA" ... but about 5 different black paint codes (ie, "universal black") are cross referenced at the auto parts store touch-up paint display.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
another bonus to non-metallic colors is paint repair or adding new body parts. the paint can be blended much easier. Ever seen a silver car that has had body work, it never matches and the metallic in the paint can leave zebra stripes if the painter doesn't keep it mixed while spraying.

I personally never liked the tuxedo black myself, it never had that "sinister" look about it.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
another bonus to non-metallic colors is paint repair or adding new body parts. the paint can be blended much easier. Ever seen a silver car that has had body work, it never matches and the metallic in the paint can leave zebra stripes if the painter doesn't keep it mixed while spraying.

I personally never liked the tuxedo black myself, it never had that "sinister" look about it.
Spot-on response. So much easier for a repaint.
Sponsored