Sponsored

Magnaride Controller

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
So I've driven my friends PP2 and can't say enough good things about magnaride.

So i've started a project to install Magnaride into my 17 Base PP1. basically going to sniff the canbus for G-force, Brake pressure, steering wheel angle, engine Load and possibly Driving mode(don't need it i have a base)

I've got GT350 Suspension angle sensors on the way, Will order Shocks soon.

The hardware is going to be Arduino based, I'm prototyping with an Arduino Mega2560, Can-bus MCP2515 Shield and Mosfets to drive the shocks. I do know the shock range is 100ma to 1400ma.

Any chance anyone have the Wiring Diagrams for the Magnaride system from a GT350 and the resistance for each shock?

I must be crazy...
Sponsored

phatplat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK2 (15), Jeep WK2(12), Jeep TJ (01)
You are crazy, but this is the good kind of crazy.

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
Started with the coding found a program called XOD IDE, hopefully my ride height sensors arrive soon so I can start data logging the car.
full.jpg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is cool. Good luck to you

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Started with the coding found a program called XOD IDE, hopefully my ride height sensors arrive soon so I can start data logging the car.
full.jpg
Interesting. I see you have the x output from the accelerometer feeding the shock PID block (s) Should it be the z output?

What are you going to use for the set point?

Going to zero out to derivative gain and run on integral and proportional control only?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
Interesting. I see you have the x output from the accelerometer feeding the shock PID block (s) Should it be the z output?

What are you going to use for the set point?

Going to zero out to derivative gain and run on integral and proportional control only?

I ended up scrapping that Code, I couldn't get what I wanted out of it.
right now I have the Ride height sensor feeding into a multiplier to get actual wheel travel.
then a Delta reading that updates every .1 sec from that reading it gets clipped into different wheel speed ranges.

then i have several wheel speed ranges that read either true or false and that reading goes into a If Else and I can put in my percentage of stiffness.

I'll post a Pic of what it looks like and my testing board. Looks like a Nano isn't fast enough to handle 2 shock inputs but the Ardunio Mega is working, I did order a faster Due which should handle this with no problems

rear shocks/ springs are ordered, just need to get front shocks, springs and rear lower arms.

Once i get this all tested and working I will make a board with everything on it and sell it as an aftermarket controller, it should be very very affordable.

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a DSC controller?
My car didn't come with Magnaride, and the Canbus codes i believe are different between a regular GT and GT350, also I do not want to pay $1400 for a controller

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My car didn't come with Magnaride, and the Canbus codes i believe are different between a regular GT and GT350, also I do not want to pay $1400 for a controller
I think DSC is working, or has, a GT unit now. Though i totally get not wanting to spend the money. You may be able to get a used one from a totaled GT.

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
I think DSC is working, or has, a GT unit now. Though i totally get not wanting to spend the money. You may be able to get a used one from a totaled GT.
Yep there are several GT350 Controllers on Ebay, i've thought about picking one up and throwing it in just to see what happens, but I really want to be able to tune it.

All in for the hardware to control this will be $80 tops and possibly cheaper once i get a custom PCB made. it's just the time to create the code to make it work as intended.

I may get this to work without the Canbus and just the Shock sensors and G sensor. which would save me time and drive the cost even lower.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
got the first ride sensor, since its a spare i opened it up since it appeared to not have a limit switch.

Found that it is a No contact rotary sensor, I need to find the pin out for this asap to figure out what kind of output it has.

full.jpg

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
did some messing around and found it still sends out a 0-5v reference signal

works connected like so
full.jpg

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
This thread deserves an update.

I have the Code compiled and working, still need to put the final numbers in but its functioning.

Won't need to connect to OBD2 Since i have added my own G sensor which helps simplify things.

this will be based around an Arduino DUE.

Made my first Circuit board today.

full.jpg

one of the hurdles was getting the shocks to be silent during operation. standard arduino's run at 480/960Hz which causes the shock to wine like crazy. after bumping it up to 20khz they are completely silent.

I have sourced all the OEM Connectors required, just need to find an affordable source of automotive grade 16G/12G wire.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This thread deserves an update.

I have the Code compiled and working, still need to put the final numbers in but its functioning.

Won't need to connect to OBD2 Since i have added my own G sensor which helps simplify things.

this will be based around an Arduino DUE.

Made my first Circuit board today.

full.jpg

one of the hurdles was getting the shocks to be silent during operation. standard arduino's run at 480/960Hz which causes the shock to wine like crazy. after bumping it up to 20khz they are completely silent.

I have sourced all the OEM Connectors required, just need to find an affordable source of automotive grade 16G/12G wire.
I look forward to seeing the results!

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Some of you guys are so smart its mind blowing sometimes. Just curious, what do you do for a living? EE?
Sponsored