Mach 1 Wheel Options

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ford people are learning and evolving. One of the reasons I selected the Mach 1 was the optional Performance wheel option, 64S. And, for made these 1/2" wider: 9.5 and 10" Love these wheels and wide enough, too as you COULD put 295s on the rear if you wanted.

The standard wheels look OK, but they are similar to the Bullitt wheels, which I was not a fan of.
This !
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Agreed. I also wish that they would’ve polished the face of each spoke on the HP wheels and left the rest black. Thats what I originally thought they were like in the initial press photos, but was disappointed to see they’re just plain gray

As much as I absolutely despise the Mach-E, they knocked it out of the park with the color scheme for the wheels on the GT first edition
68544D60-A259-49B0-B162-3F349DD60C83.jpeg
So enlighten us, why do you despise the Mach E ? It is, the wave of the future ................ Whether we like it or not. I am excited for the future. Even at the age of 76. I pray I live long enough to see it happen.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So enlighten us, why do you despise the Mach E ? It is, the wave of the future ................ Whether we like it or not. I am excited for the future. Even at the age of 76. I pray I live long enough to see it happen.
I don't like calling a 4dr crossover SUV a mustang. electric has nothing to do with it.

similiar issues to the trumped up escape being called a bronco. But I have a whole other argument there, Ford really messed up releasing it before the real Bronco. so many people are being turned off by the Bronco name now when they are only seeing this escape version.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Evidently, Ford feels differently. My money is on Ford. :rockon: I've no doubt that Ford invested heavily in marketing focus groups before choosing the name. The future is now. Those that refuse to adapt will simply be bypassed. Much as many rural towns were by the railroads and ultimately, the interstates.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I own a lot of Ford stock and the Mach E is something people want. The stock has been recovering nicely and I believe it will continue once solid earnings get posted. Reviews have been good, so I am good with it.

I think Ford's big issue is that it is having a problem producing cars timely. Likely parts are an issue as they deal with so many vendors. And, each has issues themselves with the Covid conspiracy or whatever.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Spot on brother ! This damn chip issue is killing us production wise. It is long past time to bring it back to the US of A !

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I don't like calling a 4dr crossover SUV a mustang. electric has nothing to do with it.

similiar issues to the trumped up escape being called a bronco. But I have a whole other argument there, Ford really messed up releasing it before the real Bronco. so many people are being turned off by the Bronco name now when they are only seeing this escape version.
Just a thought here. The Taurus SHO was awd, though turbo charged. I had one and with a tune only that thing could do the 1/4 mile in under 13 seconds, and it weighed a lot. Massive torque fun as heck to drive because it had AWD and torque. An unbeatable combination.

In my Ranger, in 4wd with a 93 tune it can spin those tires and it is FAST. That is what the Mach E is all about. The torque in the awd version with the performance stuff with toast our Mach 1 out of the hole guaranteed.

Ford is looking forward to being able to compete with the upcoming world of electrics. Quiet, fast, massive torque and likely much less needed maintennance. Once battery technology gets there, and it isn't there yet, almost no one will want to deal with gas engines.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
They only named it Mustang because they knew they were putting out a subpar product and needed some way to get people’s attention

So, instead of just creating a better vehicle, they decided to bastardize and stain the name of one of the most renown performance cars in history for a fucking crossover

Not to mention, electric is the antithesis of ICE, which means more electric = less fun cars. IDGAF if “it’s the future”, it’s a fucking terrible future

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I own a lot of Ford stock and the Mach E is something people want. The stock has been recovering nicely and I believe it will continue once solid earnings get posted. Reviews have been good, so I am good with it.
I own stock in Ford too

Stock price dropped when Mach-E was announced, when it was revealed, and continued to drop when it was released. Ford stock didn’t start going back up until they decided to axe that moron Jim Hackett and get a guy with some actual automotive history to replace him

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The stock price drop had nothing to do with the Mustang Mach E. Nothing. Nada, Zero. It had and has to do with earnings outlooks always. Short term price drops are emotion which historically has nothing to do with real stock performance. But, can be a time to buy like when Ford hit 4$ last year.

I am in my 60s and I welcome technology. I owned many older muscle cars which were junk INCLUDING the Mustang. They only became world class sports cars with technology.

Think what you want, but electrics, in all their glory are here to stay. BTW, I own Tesla too. Never hurts to own the competition...

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
The stock price drop had nothing to do with the Mustang Mach E. Nothing. Nada, Zero. It had and has to do with earnings outlooks always. Short term price drops are emotion which historically has nothing to do with real stock performance. But, can be a time to buy like when Ford hit 4$ last year.

I am in my 60s and I welcome technology. I owned many older muscle cars which were junk INCLUDING the Mustang. They only became world class sports cars with technology.

Think what you want, but electrics, in all their glory are here to stay. BTW, I own Tesla too. Never hurts to own the competition...
I never dogged the mach E about being electric, only about it being called a mustang. I welcome a true electric mustang, I do not welcome a 4dr CUV to the mustang line. They could've called it a thunderbird, or thunderbolt fairlane, or lightning, would've all been more fitting.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So first, the Mach E was saving ford’s stock, and now it has nothing to do with Ford’s stock? Pick one man, jesus

I welcome GOOD technology that continues to make the hobby exciting and engaging. I don’t welcome technology that takes all the fun out of the experience and turns everything into the same cookie cutter pile of shit

I know electrics are here to stay. Doesn’t make me want one, though

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I never dogged the mach E about being electric, only about it being called a mustang. I welcome a true electric mustang, I do not welcome a 4dr CUV to the mustang line. They could've called it a thunderbird, or thunderbolt fairlane, or lightning, would've all been more fitting.
This was really my main point. I don’t care about an electric Mustang, as long as it’s ACTUALLY a Mustang. But slapping the Mustang name on a POS jellybean crossover just because you know it’s not good enough to sell on its own merits? That’s bullshit

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Bad mouth in a company you own stock and doesn't seem like a good strategy to me. But hey, to each his own!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They only named it Mustang because they knew they were putting out a subpar product and needed some way to get people’s attention

So, instead of just creating a better vehicle, they decided to bastardize and stain the name of one of the most renown performance cars in history for a fucking crossover

Not to mention, electric is the antithesis of ICE, which means more electric = less fun cars. IDGAF if “it’s the future”, it’s a fucking terrible future
So you' re going to start walking when ? :crackup:
Sponsored