Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Zach, I thought this Mach1 was supposed limited.
how are you able to order so many?
This does not seem limited to me and I’m feeling a little deceived by Ford
Please keep in mind, that just because someone is inquiring with us doesn't necessarily mean they are ordering.

Most dealerships are not proactively seeking business, but rather ordering a unit for stock and selling off the lot. Placing a retail order will receive preference over a stock unit in the Ford order bank. So that allows us to get a vehicle scheduled more quickly.

As it was noted above, there certainly is a limit to what they will do. But I don't think our little piece of the pie will make a huge difference and they haven't shared with us the limits to what they will build. They will potentially push off the order to a later date as well to be fulfilled.

Depending on how you specify your build, you're ordering a $60,000 Mustang. Ford will take that all day long.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
not built to order like the Bullitt.
Shelby's are limited too, no?
the Bullitt was not built to order. Not even close. 8000+4000 units and the rotted on lots for months.

Shelby production ranged from 3500-6000/yr and were 'limited' more by the "65-73 grand for a friggin' Mustang?" aspect IMO than the factory necessarily putting a kibosh on total annual orders. Though there probably was a hard limit if it needed to be exercised.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Always thought they would build as many as they can sell, at least in the U.S. The only limiting factor as it seems is the time period for which they are built. Definitely a good sales strategy and OP would have gotten my business had I gone with a Mach 1 vs the Bullitt.
That was my understanding as well, not limited #, only limited production years

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep in mind, that just because someone is inquiring with us doesn't necessarily mean they are ordering.

Most dealerships are not proactively seeking business, but rather ordering a unit for stock and selling off the lot. Placing a retail order will receive preference over a stock unit in the Ford order bank. So that allows us to get a vehicle scheduled more quickly.

As it was noted above, there certainly is a limit to what they will do. But I don't think our little piece of the pie will make a huge difference and they haven't shared with us the limits to what they will build. They will potentially push off the order to a later date as well to be fulfilled.

Depending on how you specify your build, you're ordering a $60,000 Mustang. Ford will take that all day long.
Thanks for the explanation Zach

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
That was my understanding as well, not limited #, only limited production years
So far it seems like it'll be more limited than Bullitt was, at least for non-US cars, for example here only cca 15 cars were allotted for my country and taken by dealer orders within hours and no more customer orders were possible. Canada supposedly gets only 44 units. It kinda makes sense to see more of them when it replaces both Bullitt and GT350 at the same time, but then again they're making bit too much fuss about the word limited, guess we'll see at the end of the year. Would be nice if I was the only blue Mach 1 in the country, but really this aspect is irrelevant to me, there'll be little difference between '21 and possible '22 model as well. The only people that could get burned are those waiting for later, but certainly in USA it will be possible to get it in some way or another. Bullitt had chassis number on dashboard too.

Pretty sure there'll be at least 5000 cars made. Even Mini Cooper JCW GP 2020 got 3000 units so that's really limited edition (and UK got 575 of those). Australia is probably getting more (700 was said here) due to their more lax emission rules while EU and Canada have them more strict and get only few cars. 5-8k seems entirely possible.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bullitt production was 9% of USA sales. I don't know how Canada Mustang units compare to USA, but if we guess 2021/2022 sales will mimic 2019/2020, then at 5000 units/yr that's 7.5% of all USA Mustangs will be Mach1. Assuming people actually buy them.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Zach, I thought this Mach1 was supposed limited.
how are you able to order so many?
This does not seem limited to me and I’m feeling a little deceived by Ford
It is limited ............. Figure in the normal mix numbers and there won't be that many. Plus, FoMoCo isn't letting dealers order lot cars at this time. All orders are pre sold as is mine .............. :rockon:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Well, y'all enjoy yourselves. I'm gonna take a long nap .............. Zack said it would be several months before my car is built and delivered to Iowa. Soooooo .............. I'm gonna take advantage of this and social distance from my wife. :crackup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ordered today from Zack:
700A
FJG
10 Spd
Handling Pkg
Enhanced Security Pkg
Appearance Pkg
$62k MSRP inc delivery and $1k gas guzzler tax (Thanks AOC ............ :explode:)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Plus, FoMoCo isn't letting dealers order lot cars at this time.
probably to get a handle on honest demand without dealer interference (ADM). If they can't scare up 3000/yr run rate by late April they don't want to sign any large contracts with suppliers for parts they can't sell. I think 2020 Bullitt sales being so bad was a reality check. And they also take the wind out of the ADM sails without making it an official policy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
1612231207676.png

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Ordered today from Zack:
700A
FJG
10 Spd
Handling Pkg
Enhanced Security Pkg
Appearance Pkg
$62k MSRP inc delivery and $1k gas guzzler tax (Thanks AOC ............ :explode:)
Hard to believe that car is almost twice as much as what I paid for my '17.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The cost of a divorce has gone up exponentially too ................... :facepalm: :crackup:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Invoice minus 2%?
So you are going to be roughly 7% under full MSRP?
Dealer invoice minus 2 percent is A/Z plan pricing for those that don’t know
X plan is 2 percent above invoice