Mach 1 Oil Pan Replacement

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Unfortunately, my '22 Mach 1 with 1700 miles needs a replacement oil pan. I purchased the car 1 year ago after waiting a year for it to be built. I put the car up on the lift when I got home from the dealer after purchasing. It was a 400-450 mile trip home. There was evidence a minor oil leak . I couldn't tell if the leak was from the drain plug or from behind the heat shield\wire connector bracket on the left\driver side pan. I assumed it was the drain plug because that area always had oil on it and that air turbulence when driving was the cause for the oil being on that side of pan. Since it was minor leak, I would just clean it up and planned on replacing the drain plug on the first oil change. I changed the oil and drain plug in September and kept an eye on things......still leaking. I decided to not clean it for 100-150 miles to see what it looked like.

I made an appointment at the dealer that took a month to schedule just for them to look at it. They say the oil pan needs to be replaced. I am fairly bummed about this as I understand the front subframe needs to be dropped. I am assuming that I will get my Mach back with broken wire clips and other sloppy work. Anyone have their front subframe dropped by the dealer and what was the outcome? Anything I should look for?
IMG_2964.jpg
Sponsored

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
That sucks!!! Good luck with the fix!!

Ratical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
03 F-250 21 Mach 1
I am looking into the 2024 mustang oil pan. It is a steel unit with threaded drain plug.
IMG_20230929_100108538_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230929_100018876_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I am looking into the 2024 mustang oil pan. It is a steel unit with threaded drain plug.
Correct, they went back to steel instead of the "composite".

If I was in OP's shoes I would try and work a deal for the steel pan, even if I had to pay a bit to make that happen.

OP
OP
Rob_R

Rob_R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, SPF Cobra, 23 Jeep JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram
Correct, they went back to steel instead of the "composite".

If I was in OP's shoes I would try and work a deal for the steel pan, even if I had to pay a bit to make that happen.
Thanks for bringing up the steel oil pan on the 24s. I didn't know that Ford made that change. The dealer has the replacement oil pan on order with whatever parts are needed to facilitate installation of the replacement pan.

Do we know if anyone has made the switch from composite to the '24 steel oil pans? I don't know if the steel oil pan requires a new oil pickup and dipstick as well as any wiring brackets. Based on my previous experience, the parts dept at the dealer who is going to do the work, would need to have their hand held for ordering the parts. If I was going to try to get the dealer to order the pan, I would need to know what parts were required to do the oil pan upgrade\conversion.
Sponsored