Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
About what I expected. Really wish it included Recaros at that price, but I think I’ll be able to pull the trigger on a handling pack car now

Interesting that they opened it up to the automatic though... AUTOMATIC OWNERS, YOU BETTER NOT BITCH WHEN IT OVERHEATS ON TRACK AND TRY TO START A LAWSUIT LIKE THE BASE GT350 OWNERS

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, Handling Pack or base, both come with transmission coolers, so hopefully no overheating whether manual or auto :)

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Handling Pack or base, both come with transmission coolers, so hopefully no overheating whether manual or auto :)
A friend has spent THOUSANDS of dollars trying to keep the A10 in his bolt on GT cool, and I believe is now moving onto his 4th trans. The A10 doesn’t like to stay cool if a fast driver is put behind it, ESPECIALLY when stock. They’re going to overheat, and these auto owners better be ready for it and not bitch when it does, because that’s the reason Ford doesn’t include the A10 on track focused models

Ahh, the cost of being “faster”...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And !!

It'll also now be available with the 10-speed automatic as well as the standard six-speed manual transmission.
Now, if they'd just open up the color selections a bit more....

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Looks like Ford is offering the A10 with the Handling Pack, so they must feel pretty good about keeping it cool.

And Z06s, ZL1s and SSs are able to keep their torque converter automatics cool, so as long as there is a decent size cooler behind it there's no reason Ford can't do it either.

At least in the hands of most drivers, yes a pro driver killing it on the race track is going to overheat a street car regardless of the coolers it has.

A friend has spent THOUSANDS of dollars trying to keep the A10 in his bolt on GT cool, and I believe is now moving onto his 4th trans. The A10 doesn’t like to stay cool if a fast driver is put behind it, ESPECIALLY when stock. They’re going to overheat, and these auto owners better be ready for it and not bitch when it does, because that’s the reason Ford doesn’t include the A10 on track focused models

Ahh, the cost of being “faster”...

Sponsored

Champracerj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I essentially have a Mach 1 w handling package.......

My GT with PP2, active exhaust and Recaros and I've added:
Transmission mounted shifter bracket -Fixes shifting issues (arguably not the GT350 Manual trans)
Rear Diff cooler
Ford Performance tune - 480 HP

Close to it anyway.... I like the car a lot and I image its about what the new Mach 1 w HP would be like....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is offering the A10 with the Handling Pack, so they must feel pretty good about keeping it cool.
not even close. GM knows how to manage the heat of the A10, Ford can't find their own ass. If you're flogging the A10 on the track, better/bigger coolers need to be in your budget - steal a rad from the ZL1 and figure out how to mount it.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Let's wait to reserve the "not even close" until you see and confirm the cooling items provided in the Mach. If it's anything like the GT350 it mimics and replaces, there's no reason it can't stay cool.

If it's the same ol' cooler as in the 18+ GT then yes, but I have my hopes Ford figures things out just like they figured out the GT350 cooling after 2016.

not even close. GM knows how to manage the heat of the A10, Ford can't find their own ass. If you're flogging the A10 on the track, better/bigger coolers need to be in your budget - steal a rad from the ZL1 and figure out how to mount it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
1603300914579.png

:like: :giggle:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
About what I expected. Really wish it included Recaros at that price, but I think I’ll be able to pull the trigger on a handling pack car now

Interesting that they opened it up to the automatic though... AUTOMATIC OWNERS, YOU BETTER NOT BITCH WHEN IT OVERHEATS ON TRACK AND TRY TO START A LAWSUIT LIKE THE BASE GT350 OWNERS
that whole thing still gets me going Ford made it very clear that the base gt350s needed coolers for when you drove it hard. It’s in the damn manual lol
Sponsored