Mach 1 Drive Modes

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Why are you comparing the Mach 1 to a Tesla ? They are totally different vehicles. Totally different purposes. IMHO, I wouldn't own a Tesla. Until one can go 1,500 miles without needing to stop and recharge, to me where I live, it is simply an over priced commuter car. YMMV
You know what they say... never race a Tesla when THEY want to race. Race them when YOU want to race. They want to race when their million hamsters are at full power, not when they need recharged.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I've got about 1600 miles on my Mach now and I'm starting to play more with the drive modes.
I've never had an A10 before, came from a 15GT manual premium with drive modes as well.
I'm noticing that Track mode quiets down the exhaust and does not seem as responsive as Sport+ mode with track exhaust mode on, anyone else notice this?
Also, I noticed that sport+ mode is not as good as drag mode when racing someone at a stop light, which makes sense... lol
Wife and I were dressed up heading to a fancy dinner Sat night and a guy and his girl pulled up to the light with an Audi S8. I was in sport mode as usual. we raced 2 times ... he got me by 2 car lengths both times. I was reeling him in but no room on public roads... I was pissed!
So Sunday I tried drag mode on my own and I think this would of made a difference for sure.
Thoughts?
@ChitownStang

This thread has the info you need to review to understand the differences between the Transmission Modes AND the Center Stack Drive modes, as well as the paddle interactions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-re-sport-vs-sport-mode.150765/#post-3076906

Also for many that don’t know, the 10R80 is an adaptive learning transmission. The longer you drive it, it adapts to your driving style.

—-
THIS below thread contains anything and everything one needs to know about the 10R80. In the first post, just review the FACTS items and the “10R80 Newbies” bits and check out the attached PDF’s to learn about the 10R80. The thread also contains a lot of help for those who may have a 10R80 that is acting up.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
@ChitownStang

This thread has the info you need to review to understand the differences between the Transmission Modes AND the Center Stack Drive modes, as well as the paddle interactions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-re-sport-vs-sport-mode.150765/#post-3076906

Also for many that don’t know, the 10R80 is an adaptive learning transmission. The longer you drive it, it adapts to your driving style.

—-
THIS below thread contains anything and everything one needs to know about the 10R80. In the first post, just review the FACTS items and the “10R80 Newbies” bits and check out the attached PDF’s to learn about the 10R80. The thread also contains a lot of help for those who may have a 10R80 that is acting up.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/
Thank you for all of that. Much appreciated.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Came across this nice video explaining the modes, figured I'd post it here too.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I found that with my auto 18 gt when I was NA on the street, on most surfaces drag mode would just blow the tires off when hitting second gear unless you have drag radials on. Now I have a whipple 770 rwhp and all modes blow all tires off below 60 mph lol, drag radials may hook at like 45 if you are starting in 3rd. AWD is great for on the street and thats why its hard to dig race AWD cars on the street especially if you both have a lot of power. A 40 roll youd do better on, since it removes the benefit of AWD. And after you have traction AWD is just extra drivetrain losses.

Anyway , get on e85 and a tune and I think youd win 40 roll races against that car. Could win digs then too if you have drag radials.

Are you sure his car was stock?
Sponsored

Last edited: