Mach 1 as Weekend Car?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
wont' be a DD, but every Sunny day for sure.
Yeah, like 325 days a year here in CA, which is getting to be the only good thing about the "Golden" state.
Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Yeah, like 325 days a year here in CA, which is getting to be the only good thing about the "Golden" state.
I’ll probably swap out tires soonest so as long as no rain or snow I’ll take it out.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Evening all, I’ve been throwing around the idea of ordering one in the coming weeks. Anyone ordering one and using this car as a weekend car only?
That is my plan. Not ordering the HP. To be honest, if you are not going to track the car you don't require the package at all (stiffer suspension, camber adjustment, wing and splitter) unless you plan on driving triple digit MPH on the street. Maybe a case for resale in the future, but you'll likely spend that on tires between now and then. I'd get it w/o the HP and either upgrade the wheels with the performance wheels or get a set of after market wheels.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I decided to use mine all the time. I want to have it forever and hopefully keep it for long time. I think this will be the last gen of all ICE. I’m debating if I want to buy a 2021 or 2022.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to use mine all the time. I want to have it forever and hopefully keep it for long time.
These seem to be conflicting statements... if you want to keep it for a long time, wouldn’t you want to use it more scarcely, as cars deteriorate with use?

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
These seem to be conflicting statements... if you want to keep it for a long time, wouldn’t you want to use it more scarcely, as cars deteriorate with use?
I want to use it all times, until it falls apart. We always maintain our cars and last 15-20yrs. My 3 yr daily driven mustang only has 10500 miles. Due to my job it will be parked a lot of time.

My last car was from 2002 and sold it with 95,000 miles on it. If I can keep the Mach1 in good shape, it should be about 100,000 miles in 2031????

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So you don’t want to have it forever, you just want to have it for the next 10 years or so until it starts to fall apart?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
So you don’t want to have it forever, you just want to have it for the next 10 years or so until it starts to fall apart?
I will keep the mach1. My last car was well maintained, but it was asking for a bit more maintenance of what it was worth it. It was also a car I didn’t really enjoyed. Also financially didn’t made sense to pay for an insurance for a car that was sleeping outside (we use the garage for our cars, like it was meant) and drove her 20miles every 4 days, while we used the EB mustang as a ”weekend car”. My 2002 pathfinder was driven maybe 2,000 miles a yr and the mustang about 1,500-2,000. It served it purpose at the time and the person that bought it, fixed what was wrong and now is very happy with it. It runs like brand new and because we don’t have kids, the interior is in perfect shape.

We switched gears from weekend car, to let’s just use it and enjoy it. We are financially well positioned now vs when I bought the EB. Even though I was able to afford a GT at that moment, it didn’t make financially sense for our situation.

So, I expect to have the Mach for 20-30 yrs at least. We will see, if it last that long, ask me in 2051😀

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I think a lot of these cars will be ordered with the handling package and never see a track.

Its not that you need it, but it's because you can.
Personally I like the look of the HP over the standard Mach, the splitter, the spoiler and the wheels/tires, mostly why I ordered

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Personally I like the look of the HP over the standard Mach, the splitter, the spoiler and the wheels/tires, mostly why I ordered
Ford is smart, they know how to get people to check the option boxes.

I agree with your sentiment 100%

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot of these cars will be ordered with the handling package and never see a track.

Its not that you need it, but it's because you can.
And I HATE this mentality. Those are the cars that are more limited, and they’re being eaten up just so that some guys with fragile egos can have bragging rights

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
And I HATE this mentality. Those are the cars that are more limited, and they’re being eaten up just so that some guys with fragile egos can have bragging rights
Can you explain what you mean by "more limited"? I think only limit is how much a person is willing to spend?

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
For me, the extra layer on the splitter looks like a bolt on and both the spoiler and splitter seem excessive for the street. I like the wheels, but the sticky tires make no sense unless you are tracking it. The paint likely gets blasted and rocks will be in every nook and cranny in the under side of the car - I'd investigate expel. The tires will last only so long and replacing them with a nice street summer tire or the cup2s is going to cost a bundle on the street. The last thing is the added fender lip. Ford should have done a better job addressing the issue - looks like a flaw that was quickly addressed at the last minute. Ford offers these options for use or looks, so get what you like...

Reactions: P.C

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain what you mean by "more limited"? I think only limit is how much a person is willing to spend?
Handling package cars have more limited production than standard Mach 1s... similar to GT350 vs GT350R
Sponsored