Sponsored

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

• Total voters

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Enough non Mach 1 owners have chimed in and I haven't seen this as a response yet, so I will toss my hat in. I would really like to drive mine more but I don't because I work on the set of an episode of The Walking Dead.

1. A coworker was on the way back from a site visit when a "vulnerable adult" vomited blood all over his hood and fender.

2. While on site, another coworker had their car broken in to so a "vulnerable adult" had a private place to go number 2. This is apparently quite common there.

3. Yet another coworker was involved in a hit and run, then was involved in another hit and run in his rental. Then after almost 3 months when he finally got his car back, he got hit again in the parking lot.

4. I now take an alternate route home because my primary route is frequently closed due to law enforcement investigating violent crime, abandoned vehicles, and "vulnerable adults" interfering with traffic.

I didn't see a button for that on the survey...
Sounds like a literal $hit show. Jeez
Sponsored

OP
OP
2023EGM1

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
Enough non Mach 1 owners have chimed in and I haven't seen this as a response yet, so I will toss my hat in. I would really like to drive mine more but I don't because I work on the set of an episode of The Walking Dead.

1. A coworker was on the way back from a site visit when a "vulnerable adult" vomited blood all over his hood and fender.

2. While on site, another coworker had their car broken in to so a "vulnerable adult" had a private place to go number 2. This is apparently quite common there.

3. Yet another coworker was involved in a hit and run, then was involved in another hit and run in his rental. Then after almost 3 months when he finally got his car back, he got hit again in the parking lot.

4. I now take an alternate route home because my primary route is frequently closed due to law enforcement investigating violent crime, abandoned vehicles, and "vulnerable adults" interfering with traffic.

I didn't see a button for that on the survey...
That reads extreme! I added a suitable poll option!

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Everyday is a weekend for me - I daily it, even at least for an hour no matter winter or summer. In another thread I said 'I bought it to be driven, not to be parked in the garage' and I stand by that. But honestly, the last couple of days I had some other stuff to do, as I primarily work from home, and I didn't had the chance to drive around, so I miss that so much and I will run it maybe today or tomorrow...

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It's a little much for a daily. Also minimizing the time the sun bakes it.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Cars get chips. Cars get scratches. Cars rust. For me my logic is why spend $50k on something I can't enjoy daily?
50k is cheap. It cost me 80k here so that gives it a bit different perspective. Funny aspect I was thinking the other day, would I buy 80k car (Tesla Model 3 or Y) mainly for my wife to commute to work? As that's what our daily is used 90% of time. It'll take years before I decide that question, haha.

Different people have different intentions, some buy these cars, hold on to them for a few years and then sell them and replace for something new. That's fine, car doesn't need PPF or mods or anything but daily driving, and it works. It depreciates but money is no concern then, I guess.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
All day, every day, rain or shine....drive it, enjoy it, use it....take care of it, but use it. Life is short, take the plastic off and enjoy.
Sponsored