Sponsored

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

Why do you use your Mustang as a weekend only car?

• Total voters

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Beyond just building up mileage, daily commuting in rush hour traffic can put a lot of wear and tear on your car. When I was commuting on the local interstate, I would pick up all sorts of chips and nicks from road debris getting thrown up from the vehicles ahead of me. On nice days that I wanted to take my Mustang (or whatever fun car I had at the time) I would take the back roads, but that would add about 20 - 30 min onto my commute time each way.

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
It's my 3rd car so we enjoy it when we want.

MexicanFiestaST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Daily driver. I've been waiting a long time to be in the right family/financial situation where a Mustang finally fit into my life. Immediately after I bought it, I purchased snow tires/wheels, so I drive it year around, take it on long trips, etc.

During the pandemic, when we started working from home, my wife tells her friends "My husband took his car out for a walk" for lunch because, well, any excuse to drive it was a good one, even if only to the local BK or "honey, I'm heading out to the...store...to get...something".

Wife has a Fusion Hybrid, which is a great car, and we take it on certain trips when we need comfortable back seats for family. But if it's just me or just us two, the Mustang gets the nod.

I never get tired of it, nor feel it is any less special. Each time I turn the key(er, hit the button), my face lights up. I'm just a sucker for that VROOM, especially when it's stone cold. And when I hand wash and vacuum it, feels like I just brought it home from the dealership again.

Sponsored

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
Weekend car because I can't get it in and out of the garage that easily and if I took it to work it would get filthy in 5 minutes. Plus it's my 6th car😂

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
The short answer for me is...because I can. Both my 'stangs have always been designated seasonal use. With the first, it just wasn't a practical vehicle for winter/snow use. The new one just kind of fell into the same category. Heck, even the Focus ST will see more limited use. Retirement from the work-a-day world will have that effect.

TomOz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 Ruby Red, 5.0 / 10 speed
I bought my 'stang during the start of COVID to be the 2nd car in the family. We only had one car which my wife used to get to work.

The 'stang is now my daily driver for work when I do go in. We have nice clean underground parking, so it's kept out of the elements.

Ironically the 'stang has better boot space than the Subaru Liberty (Legacy) family car as I can flip the rear seats.

2camsam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang , 1983 Mustang , 2004 mach 1 , 1992 Vanilla ice edition GT
I have a company truck.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It's more of an overall wear and tear issue for me. I put 10-12k miles per year on the Mustang just from weekend meets, cruises, etc. and trips across the country. It's nice not to add daily mileage to that, and to keep it out of bad weather.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There should be an option " because I have other vehicles and this happens to be the one less driven".

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Need to add "I just drive it for fun" and this doesn't have to be on a weekend...

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The Mach 1 is my DD, GT4 is the track/weekend car (though I do want to get the Mach 1 to the track)... Though sometimes I take my wife's car if it's rainy and I just washed Daisy 😇. But if there were a reason for me to not drive the Mach 1 regularly, it would probably be gas mileage.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Enough non Mach 1 owners have chimed in and I haven't seen this as a response yet, so I will toss my hat in. I would really like to drive mine more but I don't because I work on the set of an episode of The Walking Dead.

1. A coworker was on the way back from a site visit when a "vulnerable adult" vomited blood all over his hood and fender.

2. While on site, another coworker had their car broken in to so a "vulnerable adult" had a private place to go number 2. This is apparently quite common there.

3. Yet another coworker was involved in a hit and run, then was involved in another hit and run in his rental. Then after almost 3 months when he finally got his car back, he got hit again in the parking lot.

4. I now take an alternate route home because my primary route is frequently closed due to law enforcement investigating violent crime, abandoned vehicles, and "vulnerable adults" interfering with traffic.

I didn't see a button for that on the survey...
Sponsored