OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
So the name of his show "talking shit" didn't make your neurons fire ?
Honestly, I saw a thumbnail of a badass S550 and I clicked on it...

I think you’re making my point anyway. Lund lets him wear their logo while on his SHOW called “Talking Shit.”
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I appreciate that suggestion and I wish Lund rep was paying enough attention to mention that.
I am on 200 treadwear 285/35/19s but your point stands.

When my car was stock i lost traction plenty on some decent 285/35/19 tires. YMMV but i can definitely see how your issue would be due to the traction control.

As for Alex (a friend of yours?); Is he smart? When it comes to tuning Mustangs, I would say yes. Any other way? I don’t know or care enough to say but if you’re comparing intellect, I get the strong sense the guy has probably peaked.
just to be clear, yes there is that alex you are referring to. But there is another Alex at Lund that im pretty sure worked with VMP in the past as well, and who i would guess is the one working on your tune (mine as well). Unless your tuner puts his name and its flores, i am under the impression that it is the other Alex. Someone else can probably chime in here, but i believe his last name starts with an M.

Either way, your issues are still issues. I understand your frustration and annoyance at this. I've been there. But i just wanted to clarify your Alex may not be the one you see in the videos.

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When my car was stock i lost traction plenty on some decent 285/35/19 tires. YMMV but i can definitely see how your issue would be due to the traction control.

just to be clear, yes there is that alex you are referring to. But there is another Alex at Lund that im pretty sure worked with VMP in the past as well, and who i would guess is the one working on your tune (mine as well). Unless your tuner puts his name and its flores, i am under the impression that it is the other Alex. Someone else can probably chime in here, but i believe his last name starts with an M.

Either way, your issues are still issues. I understand your frustration and annoyance at this. I've been there. But i just wanted to clarify your Alex may not be the one you see in the videos.
Nobody named Alex is working on my tune. Alex Flores is just a face associated with the brand that I’ve seen around. I do appreciate the clarification.

As for the traction loss with 285s, I believe it. It wasn’t enough rubber on my S197 and it’s definitely not enough rubber now but still, they’re much better than stock.

When my S197’s advancetrac was engaged, I knew it. That car just communicated everything beautifully. It seems very likely that the stability/traction control on the S550 is much smoother and if it kicked in without any obvious signs, that could explain the momentary lack of power at particular moments. I’m still pretty new to this car (3,500 miles as of right now).

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Nobody named Alex is working on my tune. Alex Flores is just a face associated with the brand that I’ve seen around. I do appreciate the clarification.

As for the traction loss with 285s, I believe it. It wasn’t enough rubber on my S197 and it’s definitely not enough rubber now but still, they’re much better than stock.

When my S197’s advancetrac was engaged, I knew it. That car just communicated everything beautifully. It seems very likely that the stability/traction control on the S550 is much smoother and if it kicked in without any obvious signs, that could explain the momentary lack of power at particular moments. I’m still pretty new to this car (3,500 miles as of right now).

gotcha, i actually thought of that while typing it but still left it just in case.

yeah the advancetrac takes some getting used to (or just cutting it off completely). Although i believe that requires unplugging the fuse as even when holding the button down for 6 seconds, i believe ive seen that it still keeps some nannies on.

Would be interested to hear your findings on this and if it does turn out to be the advancetrac or not. Hopefully it's that simple!

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Has Lund stated they will keep working on your issue?

When you buy a Lund tune you get 6 months of support/revisions as stated on the Lund website:

This service entitles you to 6 months of support for your tune purchase. It includes the follow services:
  • Rear Gear and/or Rear Tire size changes
IMO you can either take a chance that Lund will find a solution within 6 months or ask for a refund now. But to be fair you have to give Lund 6 months before bitching considering you're sailing in uncharted waters.
They state this on their website, however when I was planning on changing rear diff from 3.55 to 3.73 Torsen, I requested a new tune. Their response was tune changes wouldn't be required and that BCM would self adjust. I'm not knowledgeable regarding this, so what confuses me is why would they mention that rear gear changes support is included for 6 months ?

I personally found their support lackluster and they wouldn't even try to fix my issues.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Most factory tunes allow a 3.77 rear gear without any mods in the tune.

I have found several that only allow 3.55

Lund is lazy.

IMO unless you are running 98 mm turbos and pay for a "remote tune" they don't G.A.S.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
They state this on their website, however when I was planning on changing rear diff from 3.55 to 3.73 Torsen, I requested a new tune. Their response was tune changes wouldn't be required and that BCM would self adjust. I'm not knowledgeable regarding this, so what confuses me is why would they mention that rear gear changes support is included for 6 months ?

I personally found their support lackluster and they wouldn't even try to fix my issues.
I will readily admit I have no technical knowledge on what is involved or why a gear change would not require a tune revision. I was just passing along info found on Lund's website.

I have not had any issues with Lund's customer support, emails and questions have always been answered promptly.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

This is true for 2015. It adjusted on its own just as Lund said.

Lund is lazy.

IMO unless you are running 98 mm turbos and pay for a "remote tune" they don't G.A.S.
No, just no. Your experience lies in the face of hundreds, thousands of satisfied customers. You're just a butthurt. I have had hundreds, literally hundreds of emails with Dakota at Lund and other tuners there. What you say that they don't care is just not true. Do they have hours and hours to work on a simple tune that they only get paid $350 for? No they do not. Get your head out of your own ass, I'm sorry.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Context is everything:

up to 3.73 with manuals
up to 3.55 with autos
These include a tire diameter 26" - 28" .

So now you know why you found 'several with only 3.55'. Instead you make it seem like Ford all of the sudden decided to limit some random Mustangs to a 3.55 gear.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Actually it is 3.77 on the manuals.

never mind

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...Do they have hours and hours to work on a simple tune that they only get paid $350 for? No they do not. Get your head out of your own ass, I'm sorry.
Can you tell me if I have this right? it sounds like you are saying that if you pay them $350 for a basic tune, they’re not going to stand behind it and put in the effort to make it right because it’s a small amount of money. Is that right?

Maybe you got lost on your way to the BMW forums? Most Mustang owners work for a living and $350 isn’t pocket change. If they can’t afford the resources to support their basic level products, they’re in over their heads and not competitive in the market.

IMO, they’re fools to not take care of the entry level people. If they’re happy with the product, they’re way more likely to stick with them for future purchases.

Just my opinion but they also hired a guy who calls himself a “douche bag” so I’m not expecting much logic from them.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me if I have this right? it sounds like you are saying that if you pay them $350 for a basic tune, they’re not going to stand behind it and put in the effort to make it right because it’s a small amount of money. Is that right?
It's not a basic tune. It's a well vetted tune done with vehicles they bought for R&D purposes. IF you have any problems LUND always says hit them up @ lund support, or on their FB support members only page. Don't matter if you spend 300 or 3000. Post up the convo of what LUND said to you exactly.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

Maybe you got lost on your way to the BMW forums? Most Mustang owners work for a living and $350 isn’t pocket change. If they can’t afford the resources to support their basic level products, they’re in over their heads and not competitive in the market.

IMO, they’re fools to not take care of the entry level people. If they’re happy with the product, they’re way more likely to stick with them for future purchases.

Just my opinion but they also hired a guy who calls himself a “douche bag” so I’m not expecting much logic from them.
No, what I'm saying is more knowledge is power. Just complaining and being disgruntled isn't doing anyone any good. For the record, YOLO db Alex Flores - I've seen his videos and didn't care for them/him and certainly don't support any discriminatory or demeaning language. What I'm saying is they offer great support, as has been reported by many satisfied customers. I'm not here to defend Lund because they don't need defending.

It sounds like you could do more research on these cars. If this is your first S550 a 2020, there's a lot new. These cars are not like old cars either and have complicated PCMs. You have to realize that some of these major tuners do not have access to all Ford's tables. 3rd party tuning platforms can only obtain so much. I'm not going to go into it further bc I'm not a tuning expert. But, when you modify a car you have to expect it will not always go easy and there are bugs to work out. AFAIK the Ford Performance tune for the 2018+ is not even out yet. Lund has set all kinds of records for tuning cars at the dragstrip. They have been tuning Mustangs a long time. You don't have to like them and that's fine, but it may be good to realize that they know much more than you.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It's not a basic tune. It's a well vetted tune done with vehicles they bought for R&D purposes.
Correct. There is a lot that goes into that he does not realize. What I meant by simple tune was a tune for a stock or very mildly modified car - just wanted to clarify.
Sponsored