N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well then I guess their is allot of disinformation on Lund. When I get ready for my FI tune I will talk to the different tuners and make sure I know exactly what I am getting. Thanks
Unless something happens to your device, then you're SOL. Lund will tell you that. Then what ?
Buy a RTD=$$. Buy a laptop for the RTD=$$, then hope there stock tune file works.
Right now with lund it's RTD+Laptop(windows)+tune = BIG BUCKS. Not worth it IMO. Don't let there accomplishments fool you, you ain't getting the same tune those guys who are paying for remote tuning are.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The only issue with Lund is if you lose, or your tuning device quits working, then you must buy another Lund device and tune to go back to stock.

I suppose if you drove to his shop he would flash a stock tune for a fee.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Unless something happens to your device, then you're SOL. Lund will tell you that. Then what ?
Buy a RTD=$$. Buy a laptop for the RTD=$$, then hope there stock tune file works.
Right now with lund it's RTD+Laptop(windows)+tune = BIG BUCKS. Not worth it IMO. Don't let there accomplishments fool you, you ain't getting the same tune those guys who are paying for remote tuning are.
Have you heard good things about Extreme Tuning?.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Some of you idiots need to put the koolaide down and get the Lund sack out of your mouths..........

LDS now? Is that kind of like TDS?

Lund man bad......

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Spoke with PBD today. They were pushing the RTD hard. Said the HPRTD would allow them more tuning paramaters and that it would run way better than using the SCT X4, he was really against it.. Said the ICal was back ordered and had no idea when it would be available. Not comfortable with the whole RTD thing as no one has any experience with it and the whole laptop in my car. I am also not comfortable with the whole remote Android tuning coming soon. No guarantees on that. Let’s not forget the cost of the HP RTD credits adding significant costs.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You only buy the credits once.
I have the MPVI2 it is rock solid.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
You only buy the credits once.
I have the MPVI2 it is rock solid.
I don't get the credit thing. Do you have to keep paying each time you want to get a different tune. I'd so, what a built in lifetime of charges above and beyond the profet from the sale of a product. That would be like buying a new water pump from autozone for $100, and then each time you start your car you have to send the manufacture of the water pump $1. What a racket.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get the credit thing. Do you have to keep paying each time you want to get a different tune. I'd so, what a built in lifetime of charges above and beyond the profet from the sale of a product. That would be like buying a new water pump from autozone for $100, and then each time you start your car you have to send the manufacture of the water pump $1. What a racket.
HP Tuners has been around for a long time and they have always operated on the system of buying credits. It's a one-time purchase of credits per car tuned on the device. You buy the tuning device + credits once and then the only charges past that are those related to the tuner you choose (tune, revisions, etc).

Sponsored

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
i did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on Lund and an RTD. Had an old laptop that i thought would work but it wouldn't run the HPtuners app lol. So of course i bought a laptop just for tuning. Customer service has been great and the car runs better than ever. If anything happens later down the line and I lose the RTD or it breaks I will deal with it then. Also for the people who are saying once the tunes are vetted that they should be discounted apparently have never worked for a company that does extensive R&D....it's not cheap and it takes a while to recoup that money before you see any real profit. To each their own but I am happy I went the way I did, even though it wasn't as cost effective as I would have liked lol.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
i did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on Lund and an RTD. Had an old laptop that i thought would work but it wouldn't run the HPtuners app lol. So of course i bought a laptop just for tuning. Customer service has been great and the car runs better than ever. If anything happens later down the line and I lose the RTD or it breaks I will deal with it then. Also for the people who are saying once the tunes are vetted that they should be discounted apparently have never worked for a company that does extensive R&D....it's not cheap and it takes a while to recoup that money before you see any real profit. To each their own but I am happy I went the way I did, even though it wasn't as cost effective as I would have liked lol.
Those are the same people who never seem to say anything about manufacturers not re-writing every CNC program each day. I’m glad I went with Lund, no complaints.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
A good business owner will use the tax code to write off as much as possible and when a new model comes out will sell off the old mule. If he knows what he is doing the cost to the shop is zero or damn close to it.
Not true. I've been in business most of my life and have heard the"write it off"comments by ignorant people. You have to earn the money to spend it. There's no "write it off" any more than you can"write off" your mortgage.

johndnardi07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST , 21 GT Mustang , 16 Fusion
Just to restate the first headline of this thread. It said " LUND will officially drop support & no longer offer any services for any SCT tuner "

It actually was not Lunds choice. It was SCT's choice to remove Lunds allowance to support their products
Sponsored