Long Tubes, Tune, Emissions?

Chris6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT w/PP
So I keep wanting to pull the trigger on getting some LTs and Tune, but I live in Northern VA which means I have to get emissions done every 2 years. Anyone have any knowledge on being able to pass having LTs? I've heard many different things so I'm just trying to get some clarity on this subject.
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
As far as I know catted LT headers are legal in VA, only emissions states adopting CA polices such as Washington, New York and less then a hand full of other states its a no. You might be able to use catless headers but it would only be a minimal difference since the catted ones are high flow.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Virginia hasn't been bad for echeck too much

something to keep in mind, if your wanting to do offroad, is the SW and SP systems are modular, where most require you to do an entire "pipe" for 300 bucks or so, if you get the stainless works or power catted, you can add the cat delete pipes for like $40, run the offroad all the time, til time for echeck, swap out, swap the tune, then put them back

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
Beefcake-
Can you PM me a price on SP long tubes with Cats, OR pipes, JLT, NGauge (if you have those)/or tune(r) you have and recommend.. Shipped to 37122 please?

Sent from my Oxford White 2015 GT PP, Prem

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Emissions psssh. We have the same procedure as VA. In the past my tune has always got me past emissions. I just lower my car enough so they can't look under it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris6G

Chris6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT w/PP
Virginia hasn't been bad for echeck too much

something to keep in mind, if your wanting to do offroad, is the SW and SP systems are modular, where most require you to do an entire "pipe" for 300 bucks or so, if you get the stainless works or power catted, you can add the cat delete pipes for like $40, run the offroad all the time, til time for echeck, swap out, swap the tune, then put them back
I'm running the Borla S Type 2.5" cat-back right now so which set of headers would work best?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sw, sp, and kooks would bolt right up, the arh would take a little modification as they include an x pipe

we have a great sale on the sp right now,
Sponsored