OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After 2k miles driven, a battery reset and countless drive cycles, my sensor still never readied. The emissions tunes seem to be worthless.

Without getting in to specifics, I passed by other means...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
After 2k miles driven, a battery reset and countless drive cycles, my sensor still never readied. The emissions tunes seem to be worthless.

Without getting in to specifics, I passed by other means...
I'm not sure about your state, but you can get a waiver here if you spent $250 or more "trying" to fix the problem.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So if I had an emissions tune on which Lund verified that I do, wouldn't I throw a P0420 code without O2 spacers? I have driven thousands of miles still without the O2 and HO2 going green. I'm considering installing the O2 spacers just to see if anything changes but I was pretty sure that O2 spacers were designed to get around the P0420 code, not the other way around with getting an O2 to read properly.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Pfff.. you think you got a problem with stock headers. I have ARH headers (with cats) and I get rear 02 codes because they're not reading as the computer expects and that can't be changed (without breaking laws).

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Pfff.. you think you got a problem with stock headers. I have ARH headers (with cats) and I get rear 02 codes because they're not reading as the computer expects and that can't be changed (without breaking laws).
Yeah, I've got your opposite problem with the same exact headers, lol.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
One of the reasons I stay away from headers.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
One of the reasons I stay away from headers.
Aside from messing with this, they're a blast! Honestly, I think I can pass inspection the way I have it now. Texas doesn't have strict emissions. It was worse in Dallas/Ft. Worth when I lived up there in my earlier years. Most people will tell you though that it helps to "know a guy".

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Aside from messing with this, they're a blast! Honestly, I think I can pass inspection the way I have it now. Texas doesn't have strict emissions. It was worse in Dallas/Ft. Worth when I lived up there in my earlier years. Most people will tell you though that it helps to "know a guy".
Oh I'm sure they are! lol
I'd love to have some catted headers. But living in Maryland we have to do emissions every 2 years. I had a hard enough time getting my Lund tune to pass which it eventually did. I kinda wish I lived in Florida where there are no emissions laws. It's Mustang heaven down there.

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So if I had an emissions tune on which Lund verified that I do, wouldn't I throw a P0420 code without O2 spacers? I have driven thousands of miles still without the O2 and HO2 going green. I'm considering installing the O2 spacers just to see if anything changes but I was pretty sure that O2 spacers were designed to get around the P0420 code, not the other way around with getting an O2 to read properly.
I can't answer that question to be honest but you can go get your car scanned to see if your o2 sensors are showing ready. I suspect you will have your O2 sensor and heated O2 showing as not ready. I don't know if Austin's testing procedures are different than DFW but you can only have one thing showing not ready and pass in DFW.

At this point I believe the emissions tunes are snake oil.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I can't answer that question to be honest but you can go get your car scanned to see if your o2 sensors are showing ready. I suspect you will have your O2 sensor and heated O2 showing as not ready. I don't know if Austin's testing procedures are different than DFW but you can only have one thing showing not ready and pass in DFW.

At this point I believe the emissions tunes are snake oil.
Yeah, HO2 and O2 are red.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Same issue with O2 and HO2. My car has stock exhaust.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got my O2 spacers on. I'm going to flash back to the stock tune today after work. If I get them to light up, I'll go back to my tune that supposedly has the O2's on and the emissions controls all there and test it again to see if it sticks. If not, then I'm out of options, but I think I can pass just fine with those two red.

OP
OP
VikingJoe

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good luck man, you should be okay with the 02 spacers and stock tune.

I will be adding cat deletes now since my car won't pass with cats anyway. She will appreciate the extra ponies.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Stock tune with these:
IMG_20190121_134328.jpg
IMG_20190123_171321.jpg

Going to flash back my Lund 93 tune with emissions on. Not worried about EVAP because that requires more driving so I know it works.

Man the stock tune sucks so bad, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: