Lowering Springs!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
@jbailer, I see you have a lot of the other Steeda suspension mods to accompany the springs. I'm considering many of the same ones and I suspect the OP is as well. Beyond the improvements from the springs, have you noticed anything negative about the other mods? Any NVH, harshness, etc. from any of the accompanying mods? David@Steeda has been very helpful but, nothing is perfect. I'd love to hear honest feedback from someone that went all in with Steeda suspension mods.
Nothing negative at all. I'm like you, vendors can say anything to get you to buy parts (sorry David - not you ;) ). I really wanted to wait and hear from a few other people about their experiences. Todd certainly being one of them. I have to admit, what I heard sounded like the typical, "I washed my car and it is so much faster"! There were enough people with good reviews I decided to try it after having EVERY ONE of my other suspension mods making the car handle better but always at a price.

I can honestly say this has been a fantastic experience. I started out with the parts focused on removing wheel hop. Even though they are advertised as no NVH, I'm still skeptical from past experiences. I even chickened out and went with the red (softer) bushings vs the black just to be safe. Mine is only an ecoboost so the power isn't the same as the GT but it still spins and the mods got rid of all of my wheel hop with no NVH.

Next I lowered the car on the progressive springs fully expecting others stories had surely been exaggerated just a little bit. I was going to be ok if it was just a little harsher ride just to get it lowered and improve cornering. I had the sway bars installed at the same time so I couldn't tell which part did what but was worried even if the springs didn't make it harsh, maybe the sway bars would add to it and make it so. Again, very surprised the ride was actually BETTER!

At this point the car had no wheel hop and was cornering great. I had 1 more piece on order I was waiting for, the G-Trac K-Member Brace. I was surprised when I installed it and could really feel the difference. So much I got the strut tower brace. I should stop being surprised at this point I guess.

I think next will be a part I skipped before thinking it probably wouldn't make much difference, the subframe support braces. I'm not an engineer and just didn't think there was an issue there to solve. The other parts I understood the need for. After reading Nate's (SVT_N8) post about them, I'm, going to get them as well. It is already fantastic but it can never be too good! :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I think I'll go with the Steeda progressive springs. I like the Steeda springs on my '05 so they do have a track record with me. Thanks guys, your cars look great lowered!

Any forum discounts???

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I think I'll go with the Steeda progressive springs. I like the Steeda springs on my '05 so they do have a track record with me. Thanks guys, your cars look great lowered!

Any forum discounts???
PM Davis@Steeda and he will hook you up.

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
If you can make it down to Steedas location (I only know of the one in Valdosta, GA), they quoted me an awesome price on purchase, install, and alignment of their progressive springs. I haven't had it done yet, but plan to really soon. Might be worth checking with them!

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Any forum discounts???

Hey, as others have mentioned, I'd recommend ordering these tomorrow during our 10% off sale :) No promo code required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha...will do

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I just got an email for Late Model Restoration as well, 15% with code MURICA15

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that! Got the Steeda Progressive springs for $260.35 shipped from LMR...15% is better than 10% and free shipping. The worst thing is I have parts showing up and no car for about a month or more. My '05 might start getting jealous if it sees the boxes piling up!

Last edited:

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Discount

Thanks for that! Got the Steeda Progressive springs for $260.35 shipped from LMR...15% is better than 10% and free shipping. The worst thing is I have parts showing up and no car for about a month or more. My '05 might start getting jealous if it sees the boxes piling up!
That was 15% off ?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You are going to love the springs, Anthony!

Cobra, yes that was with 15% off. With our 10% discount ... it puts the price right around the same as Anthony paid ... so both are right on par with each other!!

Best Regards,

TJ

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Awesome purchase! You'll love them:cheers:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The CJs look too low, just a little too much. The BMRs and the Steedas look perfect.