Both are painted one pic was before me painting the calipers

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Anthony, After all the reviews on how well this car handled, I had no plans initially to lower the car or consider suspension mods. After getting it, agreed to some extent but knew there was room for improvement. If you're planning track time for the car, I'd consider Steeda's linear springs which are very predictive entering a corner. I got the Steeda progressive springs which I think are an amazing increase in handling performance. The best thing was for the first time ever lowering my car, it actually IMPROVED the ride quality. You'll notice when you get your car (at least on the PPs) the ride is a bit bouncy just riding down the highway. On my car it removed most of the bounce on GTs I hear it gets rid of all the bounce. At the same time, hitting bumps like bridge buckles were actually more comfortable than the stock springs. The ride height is nice, it closes up the gap and is pretty uniform. I think my back is maybe 1/8" higher from center of wheel to fender than the front. Even though the car is lower, I've never had an issue going over speed bumps or pulling into my mother-in-law's nasty steep driveway. I posted about my experience in another thread how my wife actually was giving me a lot of crap about lowering this car since every other time made it uncomfortable to ride in. This time (I should have recorded it) she said it actually made it better, she was glad it wasn't so bumpy!

I obviously can't compare to other springs as I've only tried these but Steeda's engineering on these progressives seems to be spot on. The looser coils allow it to take up those small bumps while the gradual increase gets significantly stiffer than stock into a hard corner keeping the car flat. You can see in my signature, I went with several other Steeda goodies as well. As a result, I find myself taking corners MUCH faster than before and it doesn't even feel like it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not going to track this car at least at this point. I don't want to lose ride quality. Just want to close the gap without any harsh consequences.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'm not going to track this car at least at this point. I don't want to lose ride quality. Just want to close the gap without any harsh consequences.
In that case I think the Steeda progressive springs are an easy call. Many reviews on the forum and their web site, impressed with the improvement in ride quality.

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
No problems with cjpony and closes the gap quite nice

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
As Joe and many others have mentioned, our progressives are definitely your best bet. I believe these will provide you with both the performance and ride quality you're looking for. These springs lower the car 1.125" up front and 1" out back leaving plenty of ground clearance if bottoming out is a concern, are 10% stiffer than the PP at curb and are 40%+ stiffer when you're really leaning into them. Again, any questions at all please let me know!

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Anthony, After all the reviews on how well this car handled, I had no plans initially to lower the car or consider suspension mods. After getting it, agreed to some extent but knew there was room for improvement. If you're planning track time for the car, I'd consider Steeda's linear springs which are very predictive entering a corner. I got the Steeda progressive springs which I think are an amazing increase in handling performance. The best thing was for the first time ever lowering my car, it actually IMPROVED the ride quality. You'll notice when you get your car (at least on the PPs) the ride is a bit bouncy just riding down the highway. On my car it removed most of the bounce on GTs I hear it gets rid of all the bounce. At the same time, hitting bumps like bridge buckles were actually more comfortable than the stock springs. The ride height is nice, it closes up the gap and is pretty uniform. I think my back is maybe 1/8" higher from center of wheel to fender than the front. Even though the car is lower, I've never had an issue going over speed bumps or pulling into my mother-in-law's nasty steep driveway. I posted about my experience in another thread how my wife actually was giving me a lot of crap about lowering this car since every other time made it uncomfortable to ride in. This time (I should have recorded it) she said it actually made it better, she was glad it wasn't so bumpy!

I obviously can't compare to other springs as I've only tried these but Steeda's engineering on these progressives seems to be spot on. The looser coils allow it to take up those small bumps while the gradual increase gets significantly stiffer than stock into a hard corner keeping the car flat. You can see in my signature, I went with several other Steeda goodies as well. As a result, I find myself taking corners MUCH faster than before and it doesn't even feel like it.
@jbailer, I see you have a lot of the other Steeda suspension mods to accompany the springs. I'm considering many of the same ones and I suspect the OP is as well. Beyond the improvements from the springs, have you noticed anything negative about the other mods? Any NVH, harshness, etc. from any of the accompanying mods? David@Steeda has been very helpful but, nothing is perfect. I'd love to hear honest feedback from someone that went all in with Steeda suspension mods.

Sponsored

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
For me it's good feels very sporty and responsive. No much body roll if any. Corners really good

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Been waiting for the BMR Springs, now that they are available, we will be installing a set on my car shortly. BMR has never steered us wrong! Not a fan of the slammed bagged look, so we think the BMR will be just perfect at .4 in the rear and 1.2 in the front.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
As Joe and many others have mentioned, our progressives are definitely your best bet. I believe these will provide you with both the performance and ride quality you're looking for. These springs lower the car 1.125" up front and 1" out back leaving plenty of ground clearance if bottoming out is a concern, are 10% stiffer than the PP at curb and are 40%+ stiffer when you're really leaning into them. Again, any questions at all please let me know!
The Steeda progressives are perfect for a DD that wants an increase in handling while also improving the stock ride quality.
@jbailer, I see you have a lot of the other Steeda suspension mods to accompany the springs. I'm considering many of the same ones and I suspect the OP is as well. Beyond the improvements from the springs, have you noticed anything negative about the other mods? Any NVH, harshness, etc. from any of the accompanying mods? David@Steeda has been very helpful but, nothing is perfect. I'd love to hear honest feedback from someone that went all in with Steeda suspension mods.
I too, have a bunch of the Steeda suspension components installed and have for 2 months now. Steeda did the install for me at their Valdosta location.

There has been zero increase in NVH on anything I have had installed. The ride is much better than stock. The handling increase is pretty substantial, too.

I have my front sway bar set on the 3rd setting and my rear sway bar on the 2nd setting. These are both 1 slot away from the firmest settings available. I have the billet mounts too and there is absolutely ZERO noise from those under any cornering situation, slow or fast.

Wheel hop has been vastly improved. I get zero hop now when shifting from 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 unlike when I was stock. I still get a bit of hop when I drop the hammer on a launch but I have their differential bushings that will be going in soon and that will eliminate that hop.

You can click on my build thread in my signature and see a ton of pictures and my feedback on their parts.

I am beyond happy with everything they have built and installed on my car. David@Steeda has been wonderful to work with. I sent a ton of PMs and emails asking a 100 questions and he answered them all!

Here is another thread I posted after 30 days - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24804

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The Steeda progressives are perfect for a DD that wants an increase in handling while also improving the stock ride quality.

I too, have a bunch of the Steeda suspension components installed and have for 2 months now. Steeda did the install for me at their Valdosta location.

There has been zero increase in NVH on anything I have had installed. The ride is much better than stock. The handling increase is pretty substantial, too.

I have my front sway bar set on the 3rd setting and my rear sway bar on the 2nd setting. These are both 1 slot away from the firmest settings available. I have the billet mounts too and there is absolutely ZERO noise from those under any cornering situation, slow or fast.

Wheel hop has been vastly improved. I get zero hop now when shifting from 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 unlike when I was stock. I still get a bit of hop when I drop the hammer on a launch but I have their differential bushings that will be going in soon and that will eliminate that hop.

You can click on my build thread in my signature and see a ton of pictures and my feedback on their parts.

I am beyond happy with everything they have built and installed on my car. David@Steeda has been wonderful to work with. I sent a ton of PMs and emails asking a 100 questions and he answered them all!

Here is another thread I posted after 30 days - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24804
Thanks! Your 30 day thread along with a lot of comments from others is a big reason I'm looking at a complete Steeda setup. Your comments have been very helpful!

All the reviews I've read are from those upgrading the performance package, the big improvements and bouncy ride it fixed. I don't have the PP so I'm a little nervous about the changes to ride when upgrading from stock. Not a big concern, but a concern none the less when the all in cost is so high.
Sponsored