Low Dust Brake Pads?

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
Raybestos carbon ceramic, no dust, they do bite hard but once you get used to them, not an issue.
Sponsored

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
OK, you all know what a pain the OEM pads are for dust. After 3 years I've had enough.

Next Oil Change I need to swap my pads. What are you guys using? No track days, so looking for recommendations on good, quiet, durable pads.

I have a few ideas, but figured I'd ask the brain trust...... And of course, feel free to add your OIl Go to :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Power stop.

davanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ram 1500, 2019 Z06 Corvette, 2019 Bullitt
Not to push a certain product as the best, but just giving my experience. I have been using Z26 Powerstop pads on my Corvettes for years, and am still amazed at how clean the wheels stay between washes. About three months ago, I decided to add something different to my stable and bought a 2019 Bullitt. One of the first things I did was order and install Z26 pads on it.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
I decided to add something different to my stable and bought a 2019 Bullitt. One of the first things I did was order and install Z26 pads on it.
How were they compared to the stock pads?

Sponsored

davanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
For my street driving I consider their feel to be equal to the stock pads. And I haven’t noticed any negative effect on my rotors. I do not use my cars on tracks, so I cannot say about that. I do go to tracks, but at places like Spring Mountain, where I am in their cars.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
For my street driving I consider their feel to be equal to the stock pads. And I haven’t noticed any negative effect on my rotors. I do not use my cars on tracks, so I cannot say about that. I do go to tracks, but at places like Spring Mountain, where I am in their cars.
So you're not noticing any of the "nowhere near the initial bite of the stock PP pads" syndrome?

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I decided to add something different to my stable and bought a 2019 Bullitt. One of the first things I did was order and install Z26 pads on it.
Fronts and backs?

Did you replace rotors too?

davanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Correct on the first point. In normal street driving, I do not feel a difference. And I have them on all four wheels. One other thing I will point out. On the box they come in are directions on how to bed them in, which consists of multiple hard stops, in quick succession, from about 70 MPH. The instructions are to do this immediately after installation. I realize this is very counter intuitive from what would seem reasonable, but as I said, those are the instructions from the manufacture, and I have always done this. If you are going to do the change out yourself, this procedure will be easily done, assuming you can access a safe place to do it. If you have a shop do it, they may counsel you against it. Your call.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I do not feel a difference.
I feel a huge difference
On the box they come in are directions on how to bed them in, which consists of multiple hard stops, in quick succession, from about 70 MPH.
I followed the directions and glazed the pads.

YMMV

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I feel a huge difference

I followed the directions and glazed the pads.

YMMV
When using G-LOC GS1 street pads they do not recommend attempting to bed them in. They should not require any bedding other than regular driving if they are a true street pad. Please understand that most of these directives are copy and paste. When you are using a composite pad (i.e. a non metallic pad) attempting to overheat them to "bed" them usually causes them to enter a plasticized state (glazing). Under normal driving on a street pad you would never have that much energy for the pad to absorb in the time. Clean up the rotor surface of any deposits and let the pads wear into the grooves of the used brake rotor. After a few driving cycles the pads should be bedded in.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Have had ferrodo, have had hawk performance ceramic, and have had z26. Z26 by far the best with least amount of dust. Personally I found the initial bite to be nearly the same as OEM or Hawk performance, with more longevity and much less dust. Hawk performance ceramic made a bit of annoying noise. I do have Baer eradispeed+ drilled and slotted rotors so maybe that affects the bite. Didnt even do any break in procedure on the Z26 and didnt do anything to the rotors before install and they are silent. I do drive hard and brake down from ~150 down to 80 moderately quite often I guess that would be considered my break in procedure. They've been great and noise free.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Powerstop Z26, never looked back on my 2016 Roush RS3. About 95% of the stopping power, which is more than enough, even went autocross with them and they were perfect.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Thanks for the input, PS26 it is. Gonna do a fluid flush as well. I LOVE my motive power bleeder. Easy peasy.

xcm77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claudiu
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2020
Thanks for the input, PS26 it is. Gonna do a fluid flush as well. I LOVE my motive power bleeder. Easy peasy.
I'm very curious about your first impressions. Pls post back.
Sponsored