Sponsored

loose suspension

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey Guys,
I was looking for some advice on a parts list. I'm at 75k miles now most of it has been boosted so I'm sure I have some premature wear/failure on some components. If I'm pulling things apart i might as well replace everything that i touch since i'll be tearing pretty much everything apart anyways.

Driving symptoms:
  • Rear end seems to wobble similar to if you following a crack or line on the freeway it wants to jerk or wobble around under hard accel It also does this when you hit cracks I did jack up the rear end and notice 9-3 & 12-6 oclock had some play on the rear axle.
  • Front ball joints probably are about due
Just trying to make a list of what I could need wheel hub bearings, suspension bushings, ball joints etc. any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel bearings for sure. Check all the bushings, they can crack or tear.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
What particular Mustang do you have? Also, what do you mean by boosted? Boost is a term usually relating to a forced air induction system such as turbo or supercharging.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
if you haven't done the Steeda stop-the-hop kit (intro level) or BMR's chassis/IRS fixes, it's high bloody time.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
The S550 has a bad habit of having the rear axle nuts loosening. Check torque on them periodically. I wish I knew this prior to eating through 2 left rear hubs. I remove wheel center caps for this reason.

Your issue could be different, but if you‘ve got a bad hub that’s probably the culprit.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
check all hubs bearings and bushings for play. Install the steeda subframe bushings and braces.

OP
OP
Trent W

Trent W

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey thanks Guys, I guess I need to get on the form more often I had no idea about the IRS fixes before now. Definitely going to be ordering that stuff. But I did end up tearing into the rear end. I'm surprised how bad the play was. Hub bearings were 100% toast. The bushing seemed fine but after checking into the stop the hop kit and the BMR kits I can totally see why those bearings would prematurely fail. The passenger side axle nut was a bit loose but the bearing was so bad I'm surprised i haven't put it into a wall by now.
Sponsored