OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Awesome Tomster, I'd like to know what you find when you take a look. Thanks!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Awesome Tomster, I'd like to know what you find when you take a look. Thanks!
I did. I referenced the workshop manual and it requires removing the entire rocker panel. I am more than capable, but I've got enough time into this car as it is. When I bring her in for the brake recall, I will have my guy diagnose and repair.

This is more than a few push pin fasteners.

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm going to let them replace mine. We'll see how that goes.

Other than this, the car has been fantastic and is a joy to drive.

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I’m at the dealership waiting while they install the new part. Hopefully this will be a good fix. Apparently the side splitter/side board had to be painted prior to installation. I had no idea that these were painted parts.

Here’s a pic of it waiting for the work to be started. JMO, but I think the C.Quartz shine is looking good.

E9DC927B-10E2-4397-9CC5-FF67C99FC4AA.jpeg

OP
OP

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, they effed it up. They did fix the original issue as the side-splitter no longer pulls away from the painted trim panel that runs along the side of the car underneath the door. Sadly, they created another issue due to shoddy work on their part.

The side-splitter comes as an assembly: (1) the side-splitter piece with the attached side board and (2) a top piece that is the trim panel forming the painted side of the car underneath the door. That top piece is attached to the side-splitter with push pins, and can be removed for painting, etc...

The short of it is that they did not remove the top panel for painting, opting instead to mask the side-splitter and paint the panel with the side-splitter still attached. Naturally, the masking was not straight and they ended up with a thin wavery line of silver paint that appears and disappears across the top edge of the side-splitter where it attaches to the top piece. It sticks out like a sore thumb and I saw it as soon as I inspected the work.

To top it off, they didn't order the section of striping that runs behind the drivers side door on the top piece, so they said screw it and used the top piece that was already on the car as it had the stripe already applied. It would have been a satisfactory solution had they not gotten paint on the new side-splitter when they painted the replacement top piece.

So now they are ordering yet another side-splitter assembly (at no cost to me), and will replace the side-splitter when it arrives. I'll end up with the original top piece and a new side-splitter piece.

I hope my description of this was clear to you all. Apologies if it was not.

I have a friend that calls this kind of crap work the "Okaloosa oke-doke" as it seems to be very common in our area. I'm having a hard time disagreeing with him and am absolutely disgusted at this point.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
don't settle for it. Make sure it is 100%. It may be painful now, but every time you look at it in the future, it will be a reminder.

If the dealership gives you a hard time, call Ford customer relations. They are pretty good about lighting a fire under peoples asses.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
So, they effed it up. They did fix the original issue as the side-splitter no longer pulls away from the painted trim panel that runs along the side of the car underneath the door. Sadly, they created another issue due to shoddy work on their part.

The side-splitter comes as an assembly: (1) the side-splitter piece with the attached side board and (2) a top piece that is the trim panel forming the painted side of the car underneath the door. That top piece is attached to the side-splitter with push pins, and can be removed for painting, etc...

The short of it is that they did not remove the top panel for painting, opting instead to mask the side-splitter and paint the panel with the side-splitter still attached. Naturally, the masking was not straight and they ended up with a thin wavery line of silver paint that appears and disappears across the top edge of the side-splitter where it attaches to the top piece. It sticks out like a sore thumb and I saw it as soon as I inspected the work.

To top it off, they didn't order the section of striping that runs behind the drivers side door on the top piece, so they said screw it and used the top piece that was already on the car as it had the stripe already applied. It would have been a satisfactory solution had they not gotten paint on the new side-splitter when they painted the replacement top piece.

So now they are ordering yet another side-splitter assembly (at no cost to me), and will replace the side-splitter when it arrives. I'll end up with the original top piece and a new side-splitter piece.

I hope my description of this was clear to you all. Apologies if it was not.

I have a friend that calls this kind of crap work the "Okaloosa oke-doke" as it seems to be very common in our area. I'm having a hard time disagreeing with him and am absolutely disgusted at this point.
I don't want to come across as total dick but......if you are at a place that leaves on trim when painting a car.....you need to run away from that place.....

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Not super stoked. Noticed mine is loose on the passenger side too today while washing the car. I'm 99.9% positive I didn't take delivery of the car like this but have no idea how it could have come loose on its own.

Also not super stoked to learn that the splitter / splitter extension parts aren't sold individually by Ford. Very hesitant to have the dealer touch the car as I've had really bad experiences with dealerships in the past.

Anybody here installed the Anderson Composites carbon replacements? It looks like they are at least sold separately from the unpainted rocker piece. If so, can the fasteners be re-used or are new ones needed? I tried to look online for OEM part numbers but not coming up with anything...

IMG_0175.jpg

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
From what I know, it was installed wrong... I has to be “Set” in place with a mallet! It’s not riveted in, but it has to be “ Driven in” with a rubber mallet! My $ 0.02...

Sponsored

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
From what I know, it was installed wrong... I has to be “Set” in place with a mallet! It’s not riveted in, but it has to be “ Driven in” with a rubber mallet! My $ 0.02...
Interesting. Factory installation error would make the most sense...

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Attachments

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Update on this issue: a mechanic friend of mine put the car on the lift, took all the bottom pushpins out, wiggled the splitter a bit and it snapped back in place very easily. Not sure what the deal is/was. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it stays put.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The beat goes on...
Sponsored