pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
So it's usually a case of the shock's own nut that either isn't tight to begin with or is more susceptible to loosening over time and miles?

pgonza - is there any way you can keep the advertising for using Docs offline and Google Chrome from showing up? It's quite annoying to have to click "No Thanks" every time it pops up over your video picture.

Norm

Sorry Norm, I can't control that.... but using ABP on Chrome will smack those down. I was told I was one of the lucky few with the bad bearing :(. Kudos for Steeda showcasing again why they are a top vendor with their customer service and willingness to make it right. I'll update once the new ones are on.
Sponsored

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I had issues with one of mine.

Here is a video:

Here is a thread on the issue: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-billet-mount-failure.106053/

Steeda rushed me a replacement to a vacation home I was at during a cross country move from Detroit to California. Steeda has the best customer service in the world. I mailed the part back and haven't heard any info yet on what the cause might have been.

Maybe 1000 miles ago, for good measure, I took the rear mounts apart and redid everything to spec with fresh blue loctite.

Oddly enough just today I am starting to notice a noise from the rear end that is giving me PTSD but I don't know what the cause is just yet.

This weekend I am going to do another cursory inspection of the rear mounts by pulling them off the chassis (but not manipulating the shock mount nut at all) to see how things are doing. If anything is loose or rattling at all I have 2 brand new OEM mounts from Tasca that will be going on. The only issue is that I don't think I have a proper nylock nut for the Steeda pro-action non-adjustible shocks in an OEM housing. Oddly enough it's impossible to find a 10mm-1.0 hex nylock nuts that also has a flange.

I know that Steeda has sold a billion of these but anecdotally there have been quite a few reports of similar problems on the forum. As much as I love Steeda and their customer dedication, I am not convinced that a spherical bearing is the right tool for this job.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't a widespread issue & "quite a few reports" is inaccurate. There have been a few, yes & we have addressed them.

If this was a widespread issue you would see more of it on the forum & Facebook - that is simply not the case. As Steeda Tech mentioned, we stand behind our products 100% & they have a lifetime warranty.

We have these mounts on all of our Steeda fleet vehicles & they have held up to the abuse ... additionally, many of our customers have put them through the same elements & their units are fine too, as well as other members have stated.

Best Regards,

TJ

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Zero issues with mine and I got mine a long, long time ago (was one of the first if you can track down my install review) and have also tracked my car quite a bit. I even used an impact to tighten the bolt a couple ugga duggas (never seen a torque wrench) but I made sure to keep the shock shaft from spinning, which is a recommendation in every respectable shock/strut/damper install tutorial on earth. Have to say, really a great investment and highly recommended. Good on Steeda to stand behind their product and replace it for you... unlike Ford that knows damn well '18 V8s are having issues, 15-17 A/C systems are failing, 15-17 hood paint is failing and more... and does nothing but subject you to a hard time at your local dealer over it.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I love Steeda and their customer dedication, I am not convinced that a spherical bearing is the right tool for this job.
I absolutely raged on my car for 10 solid hours last month, and drove 20 hours on top of that for travel.

My brakes, tires, and oil are essentially destroyed. My shock mounts? Silky smooth and silent.

I suppose anything being machined and manufactired is bound to have a rotten egg(s), but the design is excellent. I hope what you’re hearing now is just something loose in the trunk.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Just found this thread.

I've had a "popping" noise (one "pop") coming from the right rear since I installed the billet rear shock mounts (and the rest of the Steeda mods in my sig). It only happens when starting to move in reverse from a stop or going over a tall speed bump at crawling speed . It happens about 50% of the time. There is no noise at all when driving whether I'm hauling @ss or cruising around. Only when as described.

I retorqued everything in the rear suspension and everything was already to-spec. Shocks are not leaking and I did not use an airgun when installing them. Aside from that popping noise I have zero issues. Could I have a bad upper shock mount? I bought mine back in April or May of 2017.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
A loose rear bearing or mount would be more consistent all the time. It sounds like it could be the IRS subframe shifting which is not uncommon. Re-check your four IRS subframe bolts that they are torque to spec.
If the noise is still there than, swap the shock assembly left to right and see if the noise moves with that assembly. If you would like to reach out to me please pm your contact info.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thank you, SteedaTech. Will do. I will have an opportunity to do this soon as I'm getting some new wheels. While the car is up on stands I'll do as you suggested.

OP
OP
pgonza2723

pgonza2723

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Vehicle Showcase
So was waiting a few days of driving around to give an update....which is the noise or "popping" is completely gone. I've driven over all sorts of road surfaces, unlevel ground, and areas where prior would invoke a pop everytime. I appreciate Steeda's willingness as a company to be very active on getting the issue handled, and a big reason why I'll keep being a customer of theirs. Customer service is for sure top notch. Special shout out to Mike and TJ for reaching out and facilitating the fix.

Sponsored

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I had issues with one of mine.

Here is a video:

Here is a thread on the issue: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-billet-mount-failure.106053/

Steeda rushed me a replacement to a vacation home I was at during a cross country move from Detroit to California. Steeda has the best customer service in the world. I mailed the part back and haven't heard any info yet on what the cause might have been.

Maybe 1000 miles ago, for good measure, I took the rear mounts apart and redid everything to spec with fresh blue loctite.

Oddly enough just today I am starting to notice a noise from the rear end that is giving me PTSD but I don't know what the cause is just yet.

This weekend I am going to do another cursory inspection of the rear mounts by pulling them off the chassis (but not manipulating the shock mount nut at all) to see how things are doing. If anything is loose or rattling at all I have 2 brand new OEM mounts from Tasca that will be going on. The only issue is that I don't think I have a proper nylock nut for the Steeda pro-action non-adjustible shocks in an OEM housing. Oddly enough it's impossible to find a 10mm-1.0 hex nylock nuts that also has a flange.

I know that Steeda has sold a billion of these but anecdotally there have been quite a few reports of similar problems on the forum. As much as I love Steeda and their customer dedication, I am not convinced that a spherical bearing is the right tool for this job.
I have no issues with mine and I beat my car

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of complaining just do what I do and that is Weld everything. Guaranteed to solve the problem

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a set sitting for almost a year now...will those have the bearing issue?

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just started developing the popping on my right rear mount a few days ago. Got the car up in the air last night and checked everything to make sure it wasn't something "important" like a bad UCA bushing. When you remove the body mount bolts it flops around on the shock shaft pretty readily with the upper shock nut very well tightened. Kind of manifests like the sound of a bad end link, only more of a contained pop and less of a loose clunk (less movement?). It also seems to be (mostly) limited to bumps on the affected side, as opposed to an end link which can happen if you hit a bump on the opposing side. Only installed these at the end of May, paired with nonadj Proactions, so a little disappointed.

@SteedaTech or @tj@steeda, what do you need from me to get a replacement order going?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Why does nobody just call up Steeda if there's an issue? This really confuses me.
Sponsored