HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine have the same problem. Took them off and clunking went away. This was after several torque checks/retorques. It's a shame, as they do quite a bit for the ride.
Is there a short reason how these effect the ride? Never dug deep but thought these were just stronger for track use.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a short reason how these effect the ride? Never dug deep but thought these were just stronger for track use.
They take bind out of the top mounting. The stock mounts have a rubber bushing that is flexed when the suspension articulates. At low displacement inputs like expansion joints, things that often create bounce, removing that rubber and replacing with a bearing or some other joint that doesn't add spring rate to the system will improve bounce and suppleness of ride. It will not have an affect on medium or large bumps.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Jigar at Steeda. They didn't even ask for my video of the shock mount, and he's sending out a replacement today. Best. Customer. Service. Ever. Absolutely can't beat Steeda, and after that phone call I'm a fan for life (even though I probably was anyway).

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase