Sponsored

look at clutch line

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
6 speed guys, look at what I believe is clutch fluid line? Whatever it is I can not push it on any further . anyone else.
IMG_1130.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!!!! I ll leave it alone I guess.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
Leave it alone. apparently they all come from the factory that way, so i have to assume the are assembled with the line at the end of the reservoir nipple for a reason. I succumbed to the panic and slid the line on closer to the reservoir when the car was new; it has never moved back, never leaked. has anyone ever heard of a clutch line popping off?

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've never heard of one popping off but some have said they experienced small air/ fluid leaks because it had slid down far enough. I pushed mine on tight and zip tied it just for reassurance.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone ever heard of a clutch line popping off?
I believe I read about it, and it caused a fire of the whole car when it was dripping on something hot in the engine bay. Sounded like a common issue with manuals, recommendation was to put a clamp on it.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks like a great reason to get a stainless line. I wouldn't feel right with a leak in that area, great way to loose your brakes and clutch if it decides to finally blow out.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard of one popping off but some have said they experienced small air/ fluid leaks because it had slid down far enough. I pushed mine on tight and zip tied it just for reassurance.
I believe I read about it, and it caused a fire of the whole car when it was dripping on something hot in the engine bay. Sounded like a common issue with manuals, recommendation was to put a clamp on it.
I think @ice445 might have found that the clamp / zip tie distorts the piping over time which then requires a full replacement anyway ... ?

WD :like:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think @ice445 might have found that the clamp / zip tie distorts the piping over time which then requires a full replacement anyway ... ?

Yep, if it's not leaking then leave it alone for sure. But in Op's case it's almost guaranteed to seep a little in some cases from sitting at that extreme angle

Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
thumbnail.jpg
tilton 5/16 brake fluid rated hose solves that problem cheap.

OP
OP
cerbomark

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, if it's not leaking then leave it alone for sure. But in Op's case it's almost guaranteed to seep a little in some cases from sitting at that extreme angle
It s not leaking , I just happened to notice. All dry. Then I see here how common it is and not many if any reported failures . Mine being a 2021 this seems go back in years. so Ford doesn't see a problem . Unless I see a leak I ll leave it alone. Great info here, thanks all.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It s not leaking , I just happened to notice. All dry. Then I see here how common it is and not many if any reported failures . Mine being a 2021 this seems go back in years. so Ford doesn't see a problem . Unless I see a leak I ll leave it alone. Great info here, thanks all.
It will never actually come off on its own. The problem is during thermal expansion and contraction (especially in cold climates) it can let some fluid past and thus air in on occasion. I'm surprised you can't push it on to where it's at least straight, but the hose might just be maxed out in your case.

When mine started seeping I noticed weird clutch behavior and a slight slip once, that was the only reason I even checked it again. Showed up with the cold weather.

Ragamuffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 manual Mach 1
Well, mine isn't leaking, but man it sure is backed off a lot. The line is quite tight and I'm not pushing on it any harder to scoot it up. I'm going to go ahead and just buy the Steeda kit.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

Good to know. I was having bleeding/ engagement issues with an aftermarket clutch when I stumbled across the thread about it. I didn't crank the ziptie down stupid tight so it should be fine plus my issues never came back. 😁
Sponsored