ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Locked, Sure it is a pain to go get the keys if you need something out of it, But even if it is in a garage, Why make it easier if someone breaks into your home, by way of the garage, as most garages are part of the home.
It being unlocked might not allow them to take it, but take what is in it. I doubt the factory alarm does anything when unlocked, so jacking it up to take off with your $$ wheels and tires, without it going off, could also be a reason against not leaving it unlocked. I'm assuming here as I don't know for sure if the alarm will go off if it is unlocked but key is not around vehicle, after a set time.
I've had my home and vehicles broken into and in the case of the car stolen, So I do everything I can to make it not worth it to a thief as it take too long to steal it. If it is a pro, it won't matter, you were targeted and they have the tools on them to take what they are after, but most home break ins are not pro's. But the meth head or what have you, will gladly take the fob off the counter or draw and drive away in your toy, and wreck it, just for fun. PULL THE FUEL PUMP RELAY.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Does anyone know if there's a difference with things like how the car processes sleep state? Obviously I'm not worried about someone rifling through the car in my garage, but since it's sitting for 5 months I'm curious as to what's better, or at least what everyone else does. Locked seems like it would go to "sleep" faster, but maybe not because typically people don't lock their car at home?
Locking the doors will put it in sleep mode faster and turn off some of the systems which usually stayed powered with doors unlocked.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Battery tender, unlocked with hood popped and only soft closed

Windows are opened an inch for ventilation and then Covercraft cover
Stored in heated garage at 68ā°F

Was put away October 25th and will probably see daylight again in late March
This is an interesting post. I store my cars on a trickle charger, hood soft closed just like you do. Hadn't thought to crack the windows, but now wonder if this should be the way to go. Returned after 3 months to find the interior developed a lot of powdery mildew. This is in Florida, and I never had this problem in Texas.
.But locked/unlocked, in a garage it makes no difference.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
seeing all these posts makes me so sad lol luckily in NJ we hardly get snow anymore, so i can drive this thing all winterā€¦and just not take it out when it does get snowy/salty/icy out.

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I guess that's the 1 benefit of living in California? I get to drive mine all year long, still doesn't balance out the shit show that goes on in this state. But now I know what to do when I eventually move out to another state that has snowy/icey winters.

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
Store my Bullitt for 5 months in my garage. Doors are locked, hood closed but not latched, on a battery tender, steel wool in the exhaust to discourage critters, use a car cover for the exterior. No problems after the first year of storage and do not anticipate any problems this spring.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
seeing all these posts makes me so sad lol luckily in NJ we hardly get snow anymore, so i can drive this thing all winterā€¦and just not take it out when it does get snowy/salty/icy out.
As a fellow resident of the D.P.R. of N.J., I agree, and keep my Shelby locked, windows up, normal 32psi tire pressure, in my attached garage w/ the space heater on, keeping the temperature at 60F, + a few degrees. I also don't drive it anytime weather conditions are rainy, snowy, icy/salted roads, or if temperatures are below 45F. If there is an extended period of inclement weather under these conditions, my CTEK battery tender is put to use to preclude any electrical issues. I've been able to use the car periodically throughout the winter, even with these self-imposed weather related constraints, negating the need for prolonged storage.

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
November 1st
Change oil, fill tank with 93, add fuel stabilizer, inflate tires to 50lbs. Open both doors, pop hood, pull battery, soft close hood and doors. Add dryer sheets under the hood, and in the trunk and inside and under car. Cover the car, zip up car Jacket with a bucket of DampRid Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber inside. Return May 1st weather permitting.
IMG_2225.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just for the dampness aspect only, Iā€™ve been using one of these in both the Mustang and the daily (home working again ā€¦) :

1640765072227.jpeg

(Unfortunately it doesnā€™t come with the lady in the shower as depicted on the box :giggle:)

I just sit it in the drivers footwell and remove it when the cars go out.

Makes a big difference, especially with our damp environment and temperature swings we get at this time of the year.

I see other cars in the street (and my other halfā€™s car) with a misting of condensation on the inside early evening and into the morning, but the stang and the daily are clear :like:

WD :like:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Just for the dampness aspect only, Iā€™ve been using one of these in both the Mustang and the daily (home working again ā€¦) :

1640765072227.jpeg

(Unfortunately it doesnā€™t come with the lady in the shower as depicted on the box :giggle:)

I just sit it in the drivers footwell and remove it when the cars go out.

Makes a big difference, especially with our damp environment and temperature swings we get at this time of the year.

I see other cars in the street (and my other halfā€™s car) with a misting of condensation on the inside early evening and into the morning, but the stang and the daily are clear :like:

WD :like:
Dang ordered this before reading the whole post! Was expecting the shower gal to show up with the Prime truck!
Sponsored