Loaded tune now have code

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I loaded a new tune after getting a new intake (jlt). After I loaded it I got a code p163f transmission is block corrupted not programmed. Now the car will not shift and the cooling fans will not come on. My tuner says I need to take it to Ford to have the original tune put back in it. I tried to do it with the ngauge I have but had the same code. Anyone have this issue before, if so what am I looking at as far as repair bill or maybe a easy fix? Thanks yall
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Tuner, cannot restore the original code, that's awful ?

Is the TUNER( :question: ) going to foot the bill ? The Tune corrupted the factory tune seems to me. It is his responsibility to reverse/remove his tune.

Confucius say: uphill battle on horizon.

Bummer good luck..

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner says I need to take it to Ford to have the original tune put back in it.
Why ? You should be able to load the stock tune yourself. Who's the tuner ?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ask Brandon if there gonna cover you warranty. Cause frankly thats BS. Also now for the really bad news. LUND apparently encrypts the PCM so Ford can't do squat.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to load the stock tune something it’s not working with it. Brandon from Lund told me he seen it twice in six years
its possible, very rare, but something could of gone wrong, a bad write, just bad luck or maybe power level was low, something wrong w pc or module something could of gone low on power or something like that.

ive had like 100 bikes flashed, with friends etc. one guy same process as rest of us but he had a completely bricked module.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I loaded a new tune after getting a new intake (jlt). After I loaded it I got a code p163f transmission is block corrupted not programmed. Now the car will not shift and the cooling fans will not come on. My tuner says I need to take it to Ford to have the original tune put back in it. I tried to do it with the ngauge I have but had the same code. Anyone have this issue before, if so what am I looking at as far as repair bill or maybe a easy fix? Thanks yall
Perhaps there was some miscommunication about what transmission you have? Maybe they thought it was a manual transmission?

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
Well I'm following this closely. if things don't change around a lot for the OP I'm going to stay far away from Lund.

Sounds to me like the tune corrupted the original file like somebody else said otherwise it should let him retune it to stock.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Pretty sure you bought a used Ngauge, when you updated the device, probably uploaded the previous owner info and his car was manual.... how do i know? it happened to me when i installed the JLT... i was running the canned 93 tune, i changed the cai and when i updated my device, it pulled the previous car for some reason instead of mine.

Yes, there is no weird drama or anything from the tuner... it was your mistake for not paying attention... i did the same shit lol.

Have the car towed to ford, have them reflash the car back to stock... your car think it's manual and that's why the transmission is not shifting. not a big deal... i got mine done, and TRIPLE CHECK you have the right info in your device... ford will let you upload your tune for the JLT before leaving service because without it, the car won't run (it will die at iddle with the JLT without tune)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If he uploaded a lund tune and cant load the stock tune and LUND encrypts the PCM.. Ford cant flash shit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Pretty sure you bought a used Ngauge, when you updated the device, probably uploaded the previous owner info and his car was manual.... how do i know?
No it was new bought it over a year ago. I have switched tunes back and forth several times from e85 to 93. Never had a issue before.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Eeeesh. Exactly why this Friday my lund/ngauge is flashing back to stock and then loading the new Wengerd tune...

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
No it was new bought it over a year ago. I have switched tunes back and forth several times from e85 to 93. Never had a issue before.
mine was an sct X4, i had the car tuned before and zero issues, but for some reason, when i updated the device, i pulled the info from the previous owner. MY car lost all the programing for the auto trans, that's why ford had to re-flash the whole thing in order to install the transmission software.

now, if it was brand new, and they send a custom tune, then yeah, they fucked up the programming and did everything for a manual car instead of an automatic

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If he uploaded a lund tune and cant load the stock tune and LUND encrypts the PCM.. Ford cant flash shit.
As long as he can flash the stock tune, even if corrupted Ford can flash it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase